Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The only people that get one will be heavily subsidized by the taxpayer. Leeches
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2024-ford-f-150-lightning-price-australia/
A quick calculation says you could buy the ICE version at around $115,000.00 and put up to 500,000 k's of fuel in it at $3/litre for the same price of the E version at $255,000.00
As for being subsidized you get the GST back roughly $23,000 providing you buy it not lease it, and most people buying something like that would have a company structure at 30% tax rate, so you would still be throwing a shirtload of money, 60%, into thin air.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
for a lot of people, $1500 a month to lease a car is probably cheaper than car loan interest, insurance, maintenance etc (not sure what costs you as an owner have to pay, but there would be some). Many companies won't even touch you unless your "net income" is $80,000+

The last time I ran the calculations, the payments were about the same. Except at end of the lease I owned nothing (car = residual), whereas I‘be I took out a loan, I owned the car outright.

I questioned the interest rate being used by the leasing company. They wouldn’t say as they said leasing was a ‘rental agreement’ and not a ‘finance agreement’, so they are under no legal obligation to reveal the interest rate. I worked it out using a spreadsheet and iteratively trying different interest rates. They were charging about 3x the going interest rate at the time.

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
For all those EV/BV lovers, the ultimate ute is here.

The E Ute has arrived in the form of a Ford F150.
It is called Lightening.
Just what all the tradies and grey nomads need.

Prices start around $225,000.00 + onroads
or for the upmarket version just $255,000.00
or you can get a few extras and pay just $280,000.00 drive away.

It can carry 1 tonne in the tray and pull 4.5 tonnes behind it, however
it will only pull a 3.2 tonne caravan for less than 150 k's before it runs out of puff.
So it would probably be wise to factor in the cost of a generator in the tray as well.

But without any extra weight it will go from 0 to 100 kph in about 4 seconds.
Wonder what the top speed is before sparks appear.??

Information reprinted without the permission of the Courier Mail.

I just checked… Ford Australia states…

IMG_2805.jpeg

But I see that there is a separate company importing them and converting them (lhd to rhd). https://ausev.com.au/lightning/

The conversion process would partially explain the high price.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
For all those EV/BV lovers, the ultimate ute is here.

The E Ute has arrived in the form of a Ford F150.
It is called Lightening.
Just what all the tradies and grey nomads need.

Prices start around $225,000.00 + onroads
or for the upmarket version just $255,000.00
or you can get a few extras and pay just $280,000.00 drive away.
Is this one of the vehicles our Minstrel for Moonbeams (Chris Watsisname) wants us to buy, because it is cheaper to run and will save us money ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
for a lot of people, $1500 a month to lease a car is probably cheaper than car loan interest, insurance, maintenance etc (not sure what costs you as an owner have to pay, but there would be some). Many companies won't even touch you unless your "net income" is $80,000+
You pay for the maintenance....And to top it off, it costs the leasee more, because the lease company adds their piece on top

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well doesn't look like we're getting a rate cut. As I suspected months ago inflation is still too high and the driver is rents, up 12% and rents are not going to come down while there is a mass shortage of supply across the country.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Well doesn't look like we're getting a rate cut. As I suspected months ago inflation is still too high and the driver is rents, up 12% and rents are not going to come down while there is a mass shortage of supply across the country.
Is it really a question of supply or
are there way too many people coming in the gate from other countries.

Migration is booming and every extra person needs somewhere to live but of course while blind freddy can see this
it appears the public service can't see we are being overpopulated by migration.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is it really a question of supply or
are there way too many people coming in the gate from other countries.

Migration is booming and every extra person needs somewhere to live but of course while blind freddy can see this
it appears the public service can't see we are being overpopulated by migration.
Yes.

Demand problem, not supply problem.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep it's a supply issue and while there is this issue rents will continue to increase. So looks no rates reprieve this year, and I'm wondering if we'll get another one or two rate increases. Something like .5% vacancy rate locally so while we have that rents will only increase. We have up to 100 applications for one property in tbe North.