Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things To Do............

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
Hey every body im getting a VR Commodore in January im still on my L's atm.

i was wondering what you experts :thumbsup: reacon what can i do for cheap but would make it look good.

im all ready planing on changing the cluster lights and gear selector lights *any pictures on how this is done would be much appreciated*
im planing on debadging it of course leaving the good old lion :D
oh and spraying the dash and calipers

yeah all so how low should i get my car droped like from the groud i hate the ass in the air look so any advice on that to please

Thanks in advance guys you's are ledgens :yeah: :p :king:

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
i realise you hate the ass in the air look but since you are gonna spend some time on ya p's i would suggest that you keep the commie looking pretty stocko otherwise you will get loads of attention from the boys in blue

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
get a set of rims, and tint the windows, that shouldnt atract the cops, dont do much else though unless u want the attention

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
agreed, maybe put a little money under the bonnet to tweak it there [cai filter sports exhaust] but dare i say keep it down till your nearly off your P's. thats what im doing with mine. atm i figure a officer would see it and say "ha look, its "daddys car" when its acctually mine. only thing i really want to do to it atm is get some silver pursuits. i think they look great and being a 15" rim the police and insurance wont point fingers at it.

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
hmmmm yeah i guess you's make a good point
so a set of Chasers, tinting and engine work......any suggestions on the priority like
1.exhaust
2 etc etc etc

how about interior any suggestions on that?... i seen on ebay a VY steering wheel i was wondering about getting that do u's reacon that would fit on a VR and also would the VY gear selector fit on to coz i hate that big chunky 1 thanks for the input guys :thumb:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
my car has 17" wheels, lowered & sports exhaust + more, believe u should wait, if you dont want attention

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
Buy a VS, ecotec motor much better on fuel, goes harder, CAI, 15"wheels,prob less Kms, IRS, quieter and much better all round. :coolpimp:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
maybe swap out the head unit with a mp3 deck but keep the stock speakers for now [or keep it to unamped set of four] which will let you fit a cool 8hr's of tunes on a disk along with just enough bass to shake the mirror a little [im using a pioneer deck with 6" 3ways in the rear, stock fronts. sound nice as is. looking at splits next then finally the sub.

but i would say small cosmetic mods would be the way to go for now. lil touchup here change a bulb there [blue dash / shifter lights] clear side indicators. maybe some VS acclaim tail lights [frost indicators, no altezza and perfectly legal full red brake lights.]

-edit-

something like this, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VR-VS-Commod...81124250QQcategoryZ102357QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
great way to lose some amber quietly

Last edited:

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kool thanks guys im just goin to start on interior and those brake lights

what do use reacon about getting a FE2 thats not to low and it will still drop the ass abit ?

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
I say do as much mods as you want (or can afford :D )...who cares if it gets tha cops attention...if its all legal it all good! Plus, cops shouldn't pull u ova just coz ur on ur P's but they do (trust me!)...I get cops !!FOLLOWING!! me when I get home at 3am (prob. coz there no otha cars on tha road...just a few P Platers in a row...looks a bit sus' :thumbsup: )

Cheers,
Infin8