Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things To Do............

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Infin8 said:
...I get cops !!FOLLOWING!! me when I get home at 3am (prob. coz there no otha cars on tha road...just a few P Platers in a row...looks a bit sus' :thumbsup: )

Cheers,
Infin8

sus? who cares! no laws against the midnight club, just what they do ;P j/k

gotta love bored / tired / stressed cops

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
kool thanks for all the imput guys but ive decided to get it lowered alittle bit 2" lol
how much do u reacon that should cost me i live on the central coast and ive been quoated $500 buks is this any good ?

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
i reckon change the dash lights to blue. i did mine today, and it cost me $19 to do. looks really shmick!

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
is it hard to do or any thing some pics would be great and do the needles stay red ?
thanks for all the input guys

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
nah its easy to do. the needles turn blue along with everything else, except the parts that are normally red (empty fuel marker, 6 and 7 on the tacho) dont really light up. i tried taking a picture but it didnt work. i can tell you how to do it in more detail if you're interested.

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thanks mate that would be greatly appreciated
and do u still have that pic of the photoshoped VR because if u dont mind i would like to use it as my pic thingy i love how u have done it

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
were i live, if they see a commodore with mags on it, then theyll be after ya, so mines lowered, mags, gonna be painted, spoiler etc, doesnt worry me, if you worry about cops change ur driving habbits or be like me and be lucky :eek:

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok first of all you need the globes.

They are called t-10 wedge globes. I got mine from Autobarn for $8.99 a pack (2 globes in one pack) I have a type 2 dash, so I had to use 4 globes.

Next you have to remove the dash. I recommend you read this topic on how to do it. It was really helpful. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=5356&highlight=removing+cluster

Once the cluster is out, on the back you will see there are 4 globe holders. Twist them out, and then take the globe out of its holder and replace it with one of the LEDS. Put it back into the cluster. But keep in mind, LEDS have a positive and negative, where as the normal globes don’t, so if you put them in the wrong way, they wont light up, and you'll have to turn it over, which is a pain, but that’s life!

Once they are all back in, connect the cluster back into those 3 coloured connectors (as seen in the other topic), and just rest the back in the dash.

(Now i'm not sure if this next part is necessary, but I did it just to be safe because I was told that the cars computers can get stuffed up if things aren't connected back.)
-->
Then you need to get the dash face back in its place and connect the hazard lights, A/C, demister, and headlight switch back in. you don’t need to clip it all back in, just rest it there so everything is plugged back in.

Now preferably in a dark place, turn the parkers on and see if all the dash lights come on. When I tried it, it looked as if NONE of them worked, so I swapped all 4 globes the other way. When night approached, only 3 were working, so it seems when I did the first test, one of them must have been on, I just didn’t see because it was too light outside. So yeah, try and do in as much dark as possible.

Once you're sure all 4 are lit up, screw the cluster back in, and pop the dash face back in.

*TIP: this was very helpful for me!!

When trying to put the cluster back in, its really hard to get your hand behind it to plug in the orange and blue connectors! So what you do is open up the fuse box under the steering wheel, and it makes it a whole lot easier to reach the 2 connectors on the right hand side.

I suggest you put the cluster in diagonally, plug the orange one that’s by itself on the left, then reach up under through the fuse box and do the orange end one, then the middle blue one.
If you need more help just ask!

Attachments

• BENQ0006.jpg
    BENQ0006.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 114
  • BENQ0005.jpg
    BENQ0005.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 140
  • BENQ0004.jpg
    BENQ0004.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 169
  • BENQ0003.jpg
    BENQ0003.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 127

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you so much your a champ that helped me so much
i was just wondering do u have to remove the needles to do this ?
and is there any way to make it so that the red areas will light up ?
but thanks what you have said so far is such a big help
THANK YOU
lol now all you could try the gear selector 1s then post how to do that *puppy dog eyes* :D

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
no probs!

its funny, the information is like passed on from person to person! i had no idea how to do it, then cunners3 told me, and then i told you, and now you can tell people!

nah you dont have to remove the needles, but i read that if you scrape the orange off the needles, and paint them white, the needles glow brighter.

as for the red areas, i think if you take the actual dials out of the cluster, you can try and scrape off the red parts on the back? but then they will glow blue, not red.

as for the gear selector lights, thats my next thing to do! but i dont know how to get to the damn globe!