Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking about getting creative with a spray gun...

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah it's the same on the ute.. but if you spray the bottom black, with no colour underneath, it will just disappear (effectively) and make the side of the car look short.. same reason why I left the bottom lip of the front bar green. hmmmmm

Yeah you're right, just had another look at mine, and it would disappear optically and make the car look jacked up at the back almost.

In other news, i got called a fat c**t by some passing bogans in a beat up EB Falcon whilst i was outside looking :)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
you'll have to redo the whole bar if you intend to re-clear it.

Well, not entirely true, if you get some matting paste you wont. You can just use that, put the black down then re-clear the whole bar.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yeah you're right, just had another look at mine, and it would disappear optically and make the car look jacked up at the back almost.

In other news, i got called a fat c**t by some passing bogans in a beat up EB Falcon whilst i was outside looking :)

haha.. that's alright.. I got told to get a hair cut today the same way (head's shaved incidentally)

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I take great offense to it, not the fat part (i'm a big bloke) but they don't know me, they didn't take the time to get to know me before deciding i was a c**t, and that makes me sad ;)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
you'll have to redo the whole bar if you intend to re-clear it.

Well, not entirely true, if you get some matting paste you wont. You can just use that, put the black down then re-clear the whole bar.

There's a few repairs I'd like to get done at the same time.. . plus, I'm not entirely happy with the colour match, so will probably look at getting it redone anyway. It looks ok in the pic, but the bar is actually about 3 shades lighter - and that is with the paint shop going 4 shades darker than the paint code. (free paint was a bit of a joke)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Actually.. there is a crease line along the bottom edge of the door/side that could carry the black.. maybe

Don't know about the back though. There is one crease line on the tailgate that might work.

(pinched pic)
ideas3.jpg

Actually.. just looking at that.. I kinda like it...

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Actually.. there is a crease line along the bottom edge of the door/side that could carry the black.. maybe

Don't know about the back though. There is one crease line on the tailgate that might work.

(pinched pic)
ideas3.jpg

Actually.. just looking at that.. I kinda like it...

I like that as well, gives a more sportier vibe. Tins in your first pic would you consider getting that black lip kit to add if you were to go ahead with this mod? Or would it be over the top for you?

Hmm this mod could also be a winner on the nitrate... :)