Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

this is my vh that i brought for $400 dollars

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Just been thinking about your engine for a little bit...

If you've got a $1000 to spend on it you could easily rebuild that one for that or less if you're handy with the tools. Maybe even get some one else to do it, a local mechanic or a mate or anyone.

Do you know whats wrong with it?

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
yeah the head blew up on the previous owner!

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
opps sorry boy's, its the Number 6 piston that **** it self.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
another thing boys can use please tell me the differance between stock wheels and the interceptor's ? Because honeslty i have no clue on whats the differance!!.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Meh - 'ceptors/stockies, essentially the same thing.
Interceptors are the silver rims that come off ex cop cars - BT1's, 15" x 7"
Stockies are just the standard rims that come on everyday commies 15" x 6"

So, basically 1" wider than stockies. You can fit a little wider tyre on them. But some of the later model utes - VU/VY/VZ? have 15" x 7" standard, so it sort of stuffs up the whole thing :p

Are you mechanically minded? Reckon you could rebuild it? lol, or do you know any mechanics??

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
yeah im pretty good wen it comes to engines... i help ma old man rebuild his vc commie engine

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
i was just wondering is it possible to just replace number 6 piston ? or will i have to replace the whole engine ?? :(

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd reccomend swapping out all 6 pistons, rings/bearings, check the crank/cam/conrods - (might be able to use them again) get the head serviced with new seats installed to run on unleaded fuel, and maybe even some porting/polishing and a lumpy cam?

The heads off it yeah? (in the boot?) Can you see no.6 bore? Is it all scratched up/damaged? Got any pics?
What happened to the piston, did it drop a ring, or melt a hole in it, or snap in half etc?

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
that sounds like a great idea buddy but, as to knowing if the pisten dropped a ring, or melted a hole in it or snaped in half ... i think it cleanly snapped right in half to be honest. but no i dont have any other photos as of yet im going to pick up the car one tuesday as its at my brothers place.

do you think swapping all the 6 pistons would be must cheaper to do then get another engine ?

HOLD3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Great car you have there. My first car was a VH, and I miss it to bits. fresh formula blue paint and gun metal b45 16" simmons wheels was the recipe for a hot street car. If you have the old 202 apart, id put a mild cam and gilmor gear drives to give it a bit of character, also to mention exaust upgrade. again, great car and cheap to tinker with so congrats on your find.