Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle controller

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Does it matter which throttle controller or are they all pretty much the same difference?

Not really, I went with Mace Engineering because of price, I’ve bought their gear before and never had trouble so I know they’re reliable, the 3 different control sets (eco, sports and racing), it’s the only one that doesn’t use OBD2 port for power so I can still run Torque Pro on my old Android phone and it doesn’t have crap I don’t need so keeps it simple making it more reliable.

Theirs is a simple set up too: unplug throttle at top of accelerator pedal, plugin controller between the 2, plug throttle back in to the top of controller, 2 simple steps to setup throttle position and away you go.

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
My Mace controller arrived this arvo, already put it in. Holy ****. I tried it on 5 and it finally feels like I have a 6 litre v8 under the hood. I get the feeling i'll be going thru some fuel for the next few weeks...

The plug on the pedal was a **** to get at. the bonnet release cable is right above it so needs some fiddling and swearing to lift it off. Might be easier if you're an octopus?

Last edited:

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
And here's me saying I want to keep my SS stock...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
When are you getting one?

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Not really, I went with Mace Engineering because of price, I’ve bought their gear before and never had trouble so I know they’re reliable, the 3 different control sets (eco, sports and racing), it’s the only one that doesn’t use OBD2 port for power so I can still run Torque Pro on my old Android phone and it doesn’t have crap I don’t need so keeps it simple making it more reliable.

Theirs is a simple set up too: unplug throttle at top of accelerator pedal, plugin controller between the 2, plug throttle back in to the top of controller, 2 simple steps to setup throttle position and away you go.

I have the RevHigh Throttle Controller 2, I like the fact the mace doesnt use the OBD2 port though. The Revhigh uses the OBD2 port only to power it. Think I might look into hardwiring it in. Where does your one get power from>

Also SP9-11 on the Revhigh made me look like I couldnt drive a manual ahaha it was soo jumpy

Last edited:

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
My Mace controller arrived this arvo, already put it in. Holy ****. I tried it on 5 and it finally feels like I have a 6 litre v8 under the hood. I get the feeling i'll be going thru some fuel for the next few weeks...

The plug on the pedal was a **** to get at. the bonnet release cable is right above it so needs some fiddling and swearing to lift it off. Might be easier if you're an octopus?

I must say it gave me a smile after installing it. Its how you would wish it came out from factory.

And yeah that would be the hardest part of the install is that boot release cable right above it. Also understanding how the release switch works on the throttle controller lol. I was trying to release the brown tab wrong when I first tried it on my first VE lol

Last edited:

soleit

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS-V
Where does your one get power from

Straight from the accelerator plug. If you get onto revhigh, they might sell an obd2 dual adaptor. I know stealth does to allow for powering controller and running diagnostic apps/software.

@Freddy Kruger its fun AF hey. So nice to have response from the start. I haven’t noticed any difference in fuel usage with it either so you shouldn’t unless you have a **** load of fun like I did for a while. Well, I still do most days lol

And that plug is a right **** but well worth the sweat and swearing