Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Response 2006 VE omega V 3.6l auto

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Put more info in post 9

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Well I took the Hurricane rear muffler off and put the standard chrome tip back on. Got sick of how it shifted the power and tq up past 3k as that was not very practical in peak hour traffic. Also, in 4th, just cruising along it sounded and felt like it was labouring a bit.

I guess I didn't like the sound is what I'm really saying or the drone for that matter. Not to mention it just didn't give me the low down power I needed. Confused the s$!t out of the auto too!

I'm thinking it's just not worth dicking around with the exhaust unless it's a full system with a tune to suit so, I'm hanging out now for the rest of the intake, the insulators and the stealth controller but I want version 3 only so I'll wait a bit (need funds). Version one is $50 cheaper and I cannot find a v2. V3 looks to be the best deal though.

Oh, I now have a pair of nearly new hurricane mild mufflers with chrome quad tips (each muffler is a dual pipe not the single into dual wagon type ones) for sale, suit VE/VF SV6 and SS/v apparently so if anyone wants them I'm in the ACT but I won't mention any prices yet as I am not familiar with the forum rules regarding selling stuff so I'll check into that and post back appropriately.

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Sold the hurricane mufflers yesterday and ordered the following:
MACE Manifold spacers 12mm
Throttle Controller
Next week i will also be ordering
MACE CAI for alloytech LE0 (Not making my own intake now cant be arsed and funds are good so why not)

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Throttle controller arrived in only one day from revhigh. Installed it this morning. Really impressed with the fast delivery and the product. Had to remove the pedal to get at the plugs though so that was a bit fidly. Instant throttle response as promised. I have only tried up to sp4 mode but very happy so far! Xplaya is absolutely correct in saying it makes the car feel like it should have from the factory. Keen for the MACE gear to arrive now.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Throttle controller arrived in only one day from revhigh. Installed it this morning. Really impressed with the fast delivery and the product. Had to remove the pedal to get at the plugs though so that was a bit fidly. Instant throttle response as promised. I have only tried up to sp4 mode but very happy so far! Xplaya is absolutely correct in saying it makes the car feel like it should have from the factory. Keen for the MACE gear to arrive now.

Yeah mine was a bit of a mission installing it, although I didnt need to remove the pedal :). My main issue was the bonnet release cable was in the way makeing it a prick of a job, but once i managed to move it to the right a bit, was sorted :)

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
All the stuffs arrived now got the spacers, throttle controller and the CAI tried to post a pic but it was too large will take another and put it all up soon. Throttle controller is in just going to chuck the CAI on now and spacers over the weekend...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Resize first them post win.

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Ok I think I have figured it out now :)

Attachments