Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle Response 2006 VE omega V 3.6l auto

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Will post a pic of the CAI installed when I get a chance. I'll also grab a few shots of the spacer install this weekend too...
That MACE CAI is bloody awesome! very noticeable down low then roars at WOT. So much better than the panel you can feel it! Highly recommend this CAI if you dont want an OTR even though it is for the VZ it still fit ok in the VE. Coupled with the throttle controller it is just great. Cant wait to put those spacers in now. Big thumbs up for the MACE gear! Now my next question, How do I get all the badges off this thing??

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Just put this stainless steel SuperCat muffler on the VE and its great! Only $230 and it came from Melbourne over night. Absolutely no loss of power down low and not too loud at all but still loud enough for a nice idle and at WOT. Best part is its legal! This has to be the best muffler I have tried so far for the OMEGA. I have tried Hurricane and an ebay straight through only to go back to stock. I wont be taking this one off though its too nice. Spacers go on tomorrow morning then that's it nothing left or worth doing anymore. Hopefully will get my VE-SS soon then I can have some real fun. If all goes well I'll give this thing to my dad minus the throttle controller of course as he is 71 lol he really likes the car though so I'd love to be able to go here take it :)

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 184

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Spacers are in! so easy to install if I can do it so can anyone else with a socket set and a TQ wrench! We shall soon see what effect they will have. Have to wait 24hrs for the goo to dry. Tick tock tick tock.........

Attachments

• IMG_2637.JPG
    IMG_2637.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 210

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
engine bay after the mods

Attachments

• IMG_2641.JPG
    IMG_2641.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 220

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Are
Just put this stainless steel SuperCat muffler on the VE and its great! Only $230 and it came from Melbourne over night. Absolutely no loss of power down low and not too loud at all but still loud enough for a nice idle and at WOT. Best part is its legal! This has to be the best muffler I have tried so far for the OMEGA. I have tried Hurricane and an ebay straight through only to go back to stock. I wont be taking this one off though its too nice. Spacers go on tomorrow morning then that's it nothing left or worth doing anymore. Hopefully will get my VE-SS soon then I can have some real fun. If all goes well I'll give this thing to my dad minus the throttle controller of course as he is 71 lol he really likes the car though so I'd love to be able to go here take it :)
Are you able to post a video? With a Drive by?

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Are

Are you able to post a video? With a Drive by?
Yes, I will try and persuade the misses to film a drive by (Shes not down with this car stuff) so, I will post back when its uploaded to YouTube, Cheers

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Total cost to make an omega go like it should and in order of what was most effective in terms of noticeable power for anyone who's interested:
1) MACE CAI (including the pod) = $290 delivered. (Essential)
2) REVHIGH Throttle controller = $220 delivered. (Essential)
3) SUPERCAT S\S Muffler (diff back) = $230 delivered. (Optional, mainly for sound and mid to top end power)
4) MACE Manifold Spacers = $165 delivered (These are completely optional - If given the chance over again I would probably not bother with these on a stock motor as this was the least noticeable component that I procured).
Installation = FREE (All up its really only about 3 hours work at a home garage but, the manifold spacers come with a gasket silicone that takes 24 hours to dry!).
TOTAL = AUD $905.00
I should really get a tune done now so budget another 500-$900 onto that. Your looking at a good $2000 to get a stock OMEGA 06+ working well but Im happy enough without the tune for now.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I think you did good for the price.
Growler and intake was $756 for mine.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute