Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tightening seatbelts?

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
If I pull out the belt all the way, the first have retracts ok, then the second half doesn't, I'll think I'll try to clean mine as well, wtf $160 for a new seat belt from Ralphy.

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
VLishes said:
I have the same problem, slowly getting worse, $100 is steep, if it was like $50 I would buy it.

A seatbelt is something that may one day save your life. Whether they are $100 or $200 what value do you place on your life? Just go and spend the money and know that the job is done properly.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
True but I don't like getting ripped off, one dealer selling it for $120, $180 the next, I find that pretty whack.

noah_73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon
Go to the dealer that is selling them for $120 then and don't go aftermarket.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
VLishes said:
True but I don't like getting ripped off, one dealer selling it for $120, $180 the next, I find that pretty whack.

i'd rather be ripped off by a dealer than have my head ripped off as it slams through the windscreen.

also, dont' buy second hand belts. as far as i know, it is illegal to sell them anyway. they might have been in an accident and stretched.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
vh-holden said:
i'd rather be ripped off by a dealer than have my head ripped off as it slams through the windscreen.

also, dont' buy second hand belts. as far as i know, it is illegal to sell them anyway. they might have been in an accident and stretched.

Well yes and no, it is good to buy a new belt but why pay 50 more and shop A when you can buy it cheaper at shop B, nothing wrong with finding it somewhere else cheaper. Though I am trying Hako's trick tonight, Maa's wool wash with Euco freshness then lush fabric softner to give it that natural shine and silky smooth baby bum feel. The second half of the belt gets retracted ok so previous owner must of had too much makup or pimples and black heads. hah.

Dougeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
same with mine, only half retracts like crap, but that could just be because of the length of the belt at that point and how much is on the reel at the time, and no I havnt had a chance to really clean them yet, I quickly ran some water over them the other day (helped a little but hardly) so I will clean them properly later when I get a chance, maybe tomorrow (crosses fingers, something usually comes up and I need to drive when I plan to clean em) and to clean them just keep them in the car? or go the full washing machine go? I took off the cover aswell the other day and it looked a little dirty near the retractor but I left it for now... thanks for all your replies :) VLishes tell me how you go with yours, thanks guys

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Dougeh: no probs, I just hope it dries by tomorrow morning hahaha...

As I was pulling out the belt though you can really see that it wasn't shiny and flat, it was slightly crinkled and had no shine, can't wait till the morning.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VLishes said:
I have the same problem, slowly getting worse, $100 is steep, if it was like $50 I would buy it.

Your neck is worth $50 but not $100??? IMHO seatbelts are not something you try to save money on but then again I also value myself a lot higher than $100.

Reaper