Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Timing Setting LPG 5L

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Yep, well I'll discuss it with my old man and have a play round. Cheers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The way I set timing on non EFI cars is to advance it until it pings, then back off a touch until it stops.

You can safely go to 14 deg BTDC but you need to run 95 RON or better. Leave it at 10 if you intend to just baby it around.

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Yeah that's understandable. Although it's an efi 5 litre which at it's current setting is running quite thirsty. I reckon i might just back it to 10 and from there decide a more precise setting later.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
lol anyways not an abba fan do you know what setting to suit both petrol and lpg on vq v8?
has got me scratching my brain after what you said and the old guy at work!~

Some people retard the timing a bit to make it run better on LPG, but leaving it at the stock 10 deg is fine. For the best results load a dual map on the existing memcal, one for petrol, one for LPG that is switched when you switch from petrol to LPG.

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
304 V8 lpg ignition curve details

Bit of an old thread but if anyone cares, I have this gas curve in my V8 VP. Also is the details of degrees vs rpm and manifold absolute pressure (MAP). As well, a petrol curve for comparison.

my VP V8 lpg advance curve.pngmy VP V8 spark table.pngstock VP V8 petrol advance curve.png

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
most gas fitters won't upload a dual curve pattern to these engines and leave it set a 10 degrees , sure the system is a APA ? apa is normally a brand of tank and not the system .