Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To those with knowledge on stall converter

MTKULS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV HOLDEN UTE
Just not sure when it comes this stalls, my ve ssv ute makes 400hp@rw and my stall is 2800-3200 my diff ratio is 3.7 with a true track and with a mild cam , is my stall to big ,should I be running a 2200-2500 stall . I know you match cam to stall but I don't know how to read the specs.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Speak to reputable convertor builder...a well built convertor won't be slippy or annoying for normal driving if built correctly to suit your specs.

I'd consider 3k bare minimum for a stock engine lol

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
As above, 3k minimum, anything less and it really isn't worth the expense.

Always speak to the converter manufacturer and provide your cam specs, diff ratio etc and they'll spec it up for you accordingly.

I'd say what you have now is fine providing your not having any drivability or power management issues.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
what are the cam specs?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
There are on line calculators and guides for roughly what stall you need

In saying that, I had the converter shop (sadly closed now) in QLD build my billet converter

They used my cam size (223 228), my diff ratio (was 3.9 at the time), my transmission (4l60e), my power( was 350hp atw at the time), and tyre size (26")

That worked out to a 2800rpm stall that worked well both on the street and strip

Now, the car is boosted making 500 hp atw, and has 3.46 gears, even with those changes the converter is still sweet on both the street and strip and flashes up to about 3k rpm at launch, that gets me to peak torque straight away, which can be problematic even on 275 drag radials on the strip, aftermarket traction control was needed to even take a little hit on street tyres

To high a stall on a street car is a pain IMO

MTKULS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV HOLDEN UTE
As above, 3k minimum, anything less and it really isn't worth the expense.

Always speak to the converter manufacturer and provide your cam specs, diff ratio etc and they'll spec it up for you accordingly.

I'd say what you have now is fine providing your not having any drivability or power management issues.
Na mate trans is not going into gear but could be trans module sensor stuffed or the trans it's self .