Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tones VX SS Mod Thread

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I may have to buy a set and put them in the shed. There has been quite a few items that are obsolete through Holdens. Apparently I bought the last spoiler gasket kit in Australia. I ended up getting it from some dealership in QLD.
Like I said, I do quite like the VE badges, and your right, they "freshen" it up a little. And the black centres on yours looks neat as on the white body.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Wtf is that!!!

When I was out and about, pre op, I came across this. Once I had stopped laughing and wiped the tears from my eyes I was able to take a photo......

OMGWTF_zpse82a71b5.jpg

I guess each to their own and all that sh!t, but really?

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
New Goodies are starting to build up.

Just waiting for the back to heal.
I reckon I'm looking at 3-4 weeks.
Must. Stop. Buying. Things.

New Bonnet Insulator -

BonnetInsulator_zps40e68838.jpg

After doing a bit of reading, the clips may be "single use", so bought a new set -

HoodLiningClips_zpscb97d025.jpg

While I was ordering from Holdens, I needed a couple of Door Hinge Caps, so I bought 4. I'll leave a couple spare -

DoorHingeCaps_zps44c8c7ab.jpg

Again, after doing a bit of reading (which I seem to be doing too much of recently, Reading = parts = Money) I bought an Oil Catch Can. Made for LS series -

CatchCan2_zpsc7cc793e.jpg

CatchCanthisone_zpsacd5f7a8.jpg

I ordered some aluminium mesh for the bottom hole/opening on the front spoiler. I reckon it looks pretty ugly being open and it tends to bend/dent the condensor -

Mesh1_zpsd70ec0cd.jpg

This Hole -

Frontspoilerhole_zpseeef5163.jpg

New 18 Inch Tyre Placard -

2014-09-06121753_zpsf33f8182.jpg

Brand New Sunglass Holder/Map light assembly. With an eight pole connector and Reverse polarity LED's to put in -

2014-09-06122304_zps003427f3.jpg

8wayplug_zps640c3bbd.jpg

Second hand diff Mount. thanks eBay -

DiffMount_zps7452decf.jpg

And some LED Strips for foot well lighting. Plan on doing all 4.Next post will be my apparent LED fetish -

2014-09-06121843_zps9a409bcf.jpg

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Your goodies are adding up..that will keep you busy. Catch can looks similar to my Elite one in how its made. Make sure you use proper fuel type black hose not the clear type that isnt heat resistant and looks ugly when you can see the oil deposits inside. Can i ask where you got the footwell led light strips? Been wanting to add some to mine also. Plus the lower grille mesh is another item that Holden should have installed from factory..need to do that also. Happy modding..

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Your goodies are adding up..that will keep you busy. Catch can looks similar to my Elite one in how its made. Make sure you use proper fuel type black hose not the clear type that isnt heat resistant and looks ugly when you can see the oil deposits inside. Can i ask where you got the footwell led light strips? Been wanting to add some to mine also. Plus the lower grille mesh is another item that Holden should have installed from factory..need to do that also. Happy modding..

Thanks for the tip re the oil lines to catch can. The ones supplied look terrible, they remind me of clear garden hose.

The LED strips I bought from eBay, an Australian seller, 2x30cm strips cost around $6.00 delivered. Have a look here (I hope it works, I'm a bit new at this computer stuff) -

2X 30cm LED Strips Strip 5630 SMD CAR Lighting Cool White 12V Waterproof Camper | eBay

Agree that Holden should have put some mesh on at the factory. How does your condenser look? Mine looks like it has 12 years worth of rocks and stones hitting it.......

I looked at the elite can, but I couldn't quite stretch the budget that far. Mine cost $100.00 delivered. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Budget blow out

Thanks to me taking my 8 year old to the Adelaide show, the parts buying semi addiction has stopped for a while. He had the best time, and that makes it all worth it. Car runs a second place to family (most of the time).

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
haha yea Heatgun is the only way to peel those SS badges off, i got sick of replacing mine, 3 sets of VX SS ones in 2 years, went #### it and got VE ones.

The mesh in the bumper is a good thing, i did mine a few months ago, except i used a plastic.

And yea those bonnet lining clips are a prick to get out without breaking them so a new set is a good idea.

I just brought a roll of LEDs, same as you got there, i just need to determine length and solder wires on, was a cheaper option then buying pre-done stuff.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Thanks to me taking my 8 year old to the Adelaide show, the parts buying semi addiction has stopped for a while. He had the best time, and that makes it all worth it. Car runs a second place to family (most of the time).

My kids take themselves out these days (18 and 15 year olds) so my pocket money is for the car etc since not much else i need or want these days..
Thanks for the Ebay LED link, will have a look as i need green ones to match the factory lighting i think. My condensor looks ok but the trans oil cooler is bug splattered so the grille will help with that also...cheers