Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torana V8 Options

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
i tryed to find these on a tory but couldent i know there out there. i love these rims in 15s on the toranas thay look real good.

Attachments

• f_chargerm_d22d5b9.jpg
    f_chargerm_d22d5b9.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 840

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hello all Just Commodore Members,

I am writing here today to seek help from within the community.

Recently I came to acquire a SLR 5000 Torana. I am posting here to feed of the knowledge of members and hopefully decide on which engine to put in it.

I will start by saying that my budget is $20000 which must include all running (turn key gear), as well as radiator and piping etc and gearbox. I currently have a 9 inch diff also.

What engine should I put in?

308, 304, Chev, LS1? (With this engine in mind, should I go the stroker option, forced induction way or? )

Thankyou for your help!!!

If it is a propper L31 SLR then there is only really 1 answer. Find a 308 block of the right era.

If it's a L20 or L32 SLR (or not SLR) then pretty much go for what you like. For ease of rego and simplicty sake I'd look at a 355 stroker and put a VN injected top end on it. Once again I'd probably select a older turbo pattern red block (if you can find one) which will cut down your epa requirements substantially. As for gearbox I'd look at a T56 if you wanted manual or maybe a TH350 for auto.

Reaper