Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Total disregard for other road users.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Heres a comp for the Mods out there. The 1st mod who can delete my profile, can take the glory of getting rid of a spandex spastic.
Seriously. Delete it. Im wasting my time here.

See ya rednecks!

what did you expect? pffft cya mate, get some tighter pants and stick a few more socks down there

Dont forget to tuck your pants into your socks.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
If the guy indeed "delibrately" swerved at them, he deserves everything he gets...

I will play devils advocate here and say that I too have had some quite close calls with competition cyclists out on the highway...nothing gets the heart started just after dawn quite like coming over a rise in the highway at 110km/hr and finding half your lane full of lycra-clad arses...and stupidly in search of weight loss they seem to want to avoid the extra weight of silly things like lights...:bang:

I respect peoples rights to get out and get fit, but why do it on the main highways?

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Opened up too big-a-can-a worms eh bud!!!
Cya wouldnt wanna be ya... In front of my car... in my lane!

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Hahahahahaha!!! Nobody in my family and none of my friends are STUPID enough to ride a pushbike on the roads... It doesn't do anything for my ego. Cyclists want to be in my space (i.e. on the road) so they can deal with the consequences of their actions. Like I said, I don't break any laws. If I swerve to give them more room, it means I am corssing into another (possibly oncoming) lane illegally.!

I once was a budding commuter cyclist, however, its incidents such as what happened yesterday and the attitudes such as ^, which have made me put the cycle away. As we can see ^, the car driver regards the road as "theirs" No its not, it belongs to all the public in Australia, they are put in place as as a method of transport using road legal devices, of which bicycles are currently recognised by law as such.
Paying rego or third party insurance gives nobody more right to the roads. The cost of roads is not met by these fees anyway, these are registration and insurance fees.......not road building fees.....is that simple enough for the incredibly stupid. Could we really believe that these idiots would treat cyclists better if the cyclists did pay fees, or that any of the repairs that are necessary on roads are due to the incredible forces from that of cyclists causing potholes etc?
Yes, if you have ever ridden a cycle on a busy road, you will discover quickly its not much fun trying to share a lane with a vehicle doing 60km/h faster than one and leaving you only a couple of cm of space as they go by(even less fun if that vehicle is an 18 wheeler)......this is all while one is trying to ride in the gutter or just on it with all the undulations of poor road edges/potholes etc. Thats why cyclists will ride at least a metre away from the kerb, so they dont have someone try and go past them in the same lane.......make them actually move into the next lane to give some room. The motorist has to accept that if they cant move into the next lane safely or legally, then they must stay behind the cyclist until it is safe to pass, just as the law is for any other vehicle that is travelling slower.

My last ride in a industrial area involved being "pulled" over(cut off and abused) by some young plumbers in a holden ute(suprise heh) and being told I was being a hazard by riding a metre from the curb. I was shaken by the incident, and stirred.....called the police about it......they could only tell me that they had "dealt" with the perpetrators. While the behaviour of those morons may have been moderated, there would seem to be no shortage of ones to replace them.

Yes, I agree that there are some spandex fools out there. The police should actually pull up packs of bikes pretending they are doing the tour de france thing with all the slipstreaming etc, which simply comes under the banner of not following the preceding vehicle within a safe distance........makes it very difficult for the pack to stop quickly for a hazard such as a pedestrian or dog etc and causes a lot of injury to themselves when one does come a cropper.

I heard some spokesperson from the NRMA somehow speaking in defence of this person in yesterday's incident, saying that these cyclists shouldnt of been riding their bicycles during peak hours etc and that recreational use should be limited to off peak times. Possibly a sensible thing to do if one is a recreational cyclist, however,Are we going to place the same expectations on people in cars, only those actually commuting to work should be allowed to use the roads in peak times? suggestions on how to police that?

Last edited:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You know what I have realised? This forum has a fair whack of wankers in it. Not saying you all are, but like the P plater issue, minority spoil it....

I really cant be ****ed being a part of this forum anymore.

Heres a comp for the Mods out there. The 1st mod who can delete my profile, can take the glory of getting rid of a spandex spastic.
Seriously. Delete it. Im wasting my time here.

See ya rednecks!

The dummy has officially been spat! I hear K-mart has 99% off all bike shorts this weekend, they are clearing the floor clean! Get down there! :thumbsup:

This thread = Official epic dummy spittage FAIL

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Rednecks eh? Would much rather be a redneck than be seen riding a pushy around in skin tight apparel.

:rofl: Don't forget the 20,000 pushy riders that wear the spandex skin tight TELSTRA promo tops. :rofl:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I once was a budding commuter cyclist, however, its incidents such as what happened yesterday and the attitudes such as ^, which have made me put the cycle away. As we can see ^, the car driver regards the road as "theirs" No its not, it belongs to all the public in Australia, they are put in place as as a method of transport using road legal devices, of which bicycles are currently recognised by law as such.
Paying rego or third party insurance gives nobody more right to the roads. The cost of roads is not met by these fees anyway, these are registration and insurance fees.......not road building fees.....is that simple enough for the incredibly stupid. Could we really believe that these idiots would treat cyclists better if the cyclists did pay fees, or that any of the repairs that are necessary on roads are due to the incredible forces from that of cyclists causing potholes etc?
Yes, if you have ever ridden a cycle on a busy road, you will discover quickly its not much fun trying to share a lane with a vehicle doing 60km/h faster than one and leaving you only a couple of cm of space as they go by(even less fun if that vehicle is an 18 wheeler)......this is all while one is trying to ride in the gutter or just on it with all the undulations of poor road edges/potholes etc. Thats why cyclists will ride at least a metre away from the kerb, so they dont have someone try and go past them in the same lane.......make them actually move into the next lane to give some room. The motorist has to accept that if they cant move into the next lane safely or legally, then they must stay behind the cyclist until it is safe to pass, just as the law is for any other vehicle that is travelling slower.

My last ride in a industrial area involved being "pulled" over(cut off and abused) by some young plumbers in a holden ute(suprise heh) and being told I was being a hazard by riding a metre from the curb. I was shaken by the incident, and stirred.....called the police about it......they could only tell me that they had "dealt" with the perpetrators. While the behaviour of those morons may have been moderated, there would seem to be no shortage of ones to replace them.

Yes, I agree that there are some spandex fools out there. The police should actually pull up packs of bikes pretending they are doing the tour de france thing with all the slipstreaming etc, which simply comes under the banner of not following the preceding vehicle within a safe distance........makes it very difficult for the pack to stop quickly for a hazard such as a pedestrian or dog etc and causes a lot of injury to themselves when one does come a cropper.

I get what your saying here, it is the same thing across the board for anything, a few bad ones ruin it for anyone...I had a rider hit my car the other day and proceed to ride on, if these people had to display registration I could have reported it to police as a hit run and provided rego, no such luck, so now I have had to do things the sneaky way and follow this rider around. This is why I feel a rego for bike riders should be compulsory. If i were to hit a cyclist in my car, they would get my rego and report and I would be chrged for leaving the site of an accident etc.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
I get what your saying here, it is the same thing across the board for anything, a few bad ones ruin it for anyone...I had a rider hit my car the other day and proceed to ride on, if these people had to display registration I could have reported it to police as a hit run and provided rego, no such luck, so now I have had to do things the sneaky way and follow this rider around. This is why I feel a rego for bike riders should be compulsory. If i were to hit a cyclist in my car, they would get my rego and report and I would be chrged for leaving the site of an accident etc.

Totally agree! All bikes that are ridden on the road should be registered! This would also include kids who use their bikes on the weekend. Kids riding their bikes without helmets is a no no in my books, would be an easier way to police it, but again as in the other thread, (http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/73226-letter-cops.html) it could easily be abused.

Which brings me to another point, civil libertarians are always up in arms about big brother encroaching on their lifestyle, but if this is what it takes, so be it.

Edit: Having said that, would all bikes have to have a VIN and Chassis Number stamped on them? :whistling

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
What really ****s me, is people who use public transport. I mean come on, they don't pay rego, they don't pay insurance, or road tolls yet they get their own dedicated lane. Poor people ride the bus, why should they get priority on the roads?... Its not even as though they've got anywhere important to be.. their poor :p. I hate the bus lane... I think buses should only run from 2am till 4am. And they should have to give way to everyone.

WTF? People on Public Transport pay to use the Public Transport, therefore they are paying for the Rego and the insurance and the toll and the bus lane that the bus uses.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
The road isnt a velodrome nor is it an olympic race track. Stick to your lane. Also this 2 a breast thing, it literally means two a breast, not one then a 1 metre space then another spandex wearing hero.

Notice tho whenever you give these morons a toot to huddle it up tightly, you get abuse and the whatnot. No wonder leg shaving roadies have a target on their back.

I ride off road downhill and slalom when i can. Get a real bike and thrash the slopes. The road is for cars.