Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Touch Screen CD/DVD Opinions

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
At the moment im looking for a decent dual din touch screen CD/DVD player for $500 or less. I was just wondering if anyone had some good opinions on what to get. Deffinately must have iPhone support.

Main features im after (top being priority):
-Full 7" touch screen (possibly a few buttons along bottum)
-DVD/VCD/CD Playback, iPod/iPhoneCD-R/RW, MP3 (with ID3Tag v.2.4), WMA, AAC
-Good quality display
-Turn by turn navigation
-Colour change feature
-Motorised tilt feature
-Bluetooth
-Custom/Selective background images
-Steering wheel control support
-Detatchable faceplate
-Reverse camera support

So yea i think thats about it! I have a couple in mind at the moment but i would like a few opinions.

I know i probably wont get everything i listed for under $500 but as i said, aslong as it has the top 3-4 features and iPhone support ill be happy haha

Cheers in advance!

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
good luck with the turn by turn. my single din was 550 reduced to 500 with iphone bluetooth sd and usb plus 2 aux with video support, reverse camera and steering wheel control. if you can find what your looking for for 500 hats off to you

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
good luck with the turn by turn. my single din was 550 reduced to 500 with iphone bluetooth sd and usb plus 2 aux with video support, reverse camera and steering wheel control. if you can find what your looking for for 500 hats off to you

Well for $499 at JB they have a Sony XAV-63 that has a feature called PassengerApp Control that lets you control most apps directly from the H/U. It also lets you use GPS Nav apps that display on the H/U. I thought that was pretty decent

Another one im looking at in the Kenwood DDX-4031bt for $530 which has optional navigation built in, but also lets you use the Motion X GPS Nav for iPhone directly on the H/U. Neither of them are 7" though, only 6.1"

I think im going to go with the Kenwood, what do you rekon?

XAV-63 : Mobile Display : Xplod™ In Car Visuals : Sony Australia

Kenwood - DDX4031BT

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
I paid my Sony XAV-72BT $450 from AudioSavings that time lol.

NitroAl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX box of bolts
I'm with aussie4life11! The 7" screens are a big jump in price from the 6.1s. I say add at least 350 to 450 to your budget! If you have a samsung galaxy S3 then look at units with Mirror link, The sony XAV701BT is packed with cool stuff but will still set you back $850 to $900 unless it's stolen! The XAV601BT is the same unit with a 6.1" screen for around $550.
I cant say I have looked too deeply into other brands but I do know that to fill your feature list in one unit is going to cost over $1k and the sat nav will probably be crap anyway!
This is one of the reasons I went for the Sony Sony @ CES 2012 Sony Xplod Mirrorlink Demo - YouTube

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Turn-by-turn for under $500 = your dreaming.

I picked up a KW-AV60BT on Catchoftheday for $360 the other week. Fantastic H/U for that price, easily worth twice that.

Has iPhone support, USB, 3.5mm in, reverse camera plug, AV IN and out, bluetooth, etc.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Keep in mind that if you buy from the states, DVDs wont work (wrong region), won't have Australian maps (and most likely can't load them), and they might not be able to pick up our radio stations. So whats the point.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
AXIS AX1107BT DVD Multimedia Receiver | INCAR | All-Pages
This is the single din Hu that i got for 500. very happy with tuning capabilities. has trebble mid and bass control plus seperate control for the sub as it has a single rca connection dedicated to Sub. i am very happy with it.