Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Towbar on VR Calais 5L?

Jym01

Jym
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0i VR Calais
Hey Commies!
I've got a quick question about my 93 VR Calais:

I'm moving interstate, and was wondering if anyone knows where I would be able to find someone to install a towbar for me, and how much it would approximately cost.

I'm currently located on the Gold Coast, but have no problem driving to brisbane for fitting.

I know there are a lot of places in the area that will fit them. But just thought I'd ask you guys before going any further.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Jym.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If you find a place and you think their price for the towbar itself is too much, you can usually pick them up pretty cheap from wreckers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There are plenty of places that do them. Standard towbars up to 1200kg capacity are around $400 fitted, then you go up to the heavy duty style 2100kg bar for around $800.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Most wreckers will instal it for you on the spot unless they are really busy....probably around $200 - $250 - try ringing the wreckers hotline in Brisbane. Don't forget to include the trailer plug.

Jym01

Jym
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0i VR Calais
Cheers for all the help guys, as it turns out I've got a LOT more gear than I realised I had.
As such, I've decided to opt for a 3 Tonn truck, hella-expensive, but it'll get the job done a lot easier, and I wont have to put an ugly towbar on my beautiful Calais.

Thanks for the help!
-Jym.