Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission jack adapter

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I might accelerate my hoist purchase plans. Wanted to buy one when shed was built but other things got in the way and it was left behind.

Suppose this is as good as an excuse as any.
Once you have one, you'll wonder how you ever did without one. If I now had to go back to stands, ramps, cardboard and creepers I think I would probably just pay to have someone else do the lot.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Once you have one, you'll wonder how you ever did without one. If I now had to go back to stands, ramps, cardboard and creepers I think I would probably just pay to have someone else do the lot.
Yeah, to be honest I'm getting a bit sick of lying on the floor under the car.

I'd rather be standing!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I'm getting a bit sick of lying on the floor under the car.
Hey, while laying on your side or back, if feeling tired, just close the eyes & have a nap! ;) :) :cool:

Can't do that standing up! ;) :) :cool:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
With my fucked shoulder doing overhead work can be a real PITA but laying under a car isn't much better :(

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just out of curiosity, how does the bellhousing bolt to the gearbox? Do the bolts go through the gearbox to bellhousing, or bellhousing to gearbox? Just thinking if you could bolt the bellhousing up first and slide the gearbox through the bellhousing

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Think it’s gearbox to bellhousing.

If it is gearbox to bellhousing, you might get away with bolting the bellhousing to the block and with the aid of an adaptor that goes onto a trolley jack, you might be able to get the gearbox into the bellhousing and bolted up whilst you are on the ground and not have to llift the car up high....

Worth looking at

Reactions: Lex

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
If it is gearbox to bellhousing, you might get away with bolting the bellhousing to the block and with the aid of an adaptor that goes onto a trolley jack, you might be able to get the gearbox into the bellhousing and bolted up whilst you are on the ground and not have to llift the car up high....

Worth looking at

I've actually thought about this method, knowing my luck I won't be able to get the input shaft through the throwout bearing or something haha.

The main issue is getting this prick of an auto out. A hoist is pretty attractive, and I was always going to get one at some stage, but my tightassness pokes through every now and again and says 'a set of 4t stands is cheaper than a 4t hoist'.......

Last edited: