Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission line to radiator VX V6 leaking badly

ChocolateCharlie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Executive
Hehehe, I remember the hairy stuff now, tops! Hemp hey? Hmmmm, sure he was just sealing pipes with it :)

The wife just drove the commodore to soccer practice (yep she is now officially a soccer mum but without the oversized 4WD), the car went well and she didn't freak out too much. Wife was alright too.

ChocolateCharlie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Executive
THanks for all your help. Nearly everyone I rang about the issue was too busy to help, even the Supercar part store down the road

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
As a temporary fix I put an O ring in there. This temporary fix has held for about six months now because I cannot think of another solution, except maybe a rubber washer.

I might have to try that because a couple of the threaded adapters that Worley supplies with their radiators and oil coolers to make them fit Holden look like the picture attached here. You would think that a company that claims to be a manufacturer and who is currently still selling the exact radiator that I am trying to install, could send a replacement. Or reach into another box and borrow it. (and they sell a bunch of other products that must be using this to make fit Holden)

Anyway, they don't have any and cannot offer a solution? ???

If the flange is mating to a surface that looks like this, good luck...

Attachments

• 20171029_100005.jpg
    20171029_100005.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

ChocolateCharlie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Executive
I might have to try that because a couple of the threaded adapters that Worley supplies with their radiators and oil coolers to make them fit Holden look like the picture attached here. You would think that a company that claims to be a manufacturer and who is currently still selling the exact radiator that I am trying to install, could send a replacement. Or reach into another box and borrow it. (and they sell a bunch of other products that must be using this to make fit Holden)

Anyway, they don't have any and cannot offer a solution? ???

If the flange is mating to a surface that looks like this, good luck...

Ouch, that looks pretty nasty, I don't think mine was anything like that. But I don't want to pull the line off to have another look. Did you buy the radiator from the guys that don't want to help? Goes back to the old saying 'It's easier to replace a few duds then fix up your quality control.' Maybe patching with a bit of liquid steel and carefully filing it smooth after it hardens might do the trick.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Ouch, that looks pretty nasty, I don't think mine was anything like that. But I don't want to pull the line off to have another look. Did you buy the radiator from the guys that don't want to help?

We returned it by courier and waiting for a refund. Radiator stop leak is a temporary fix that we should not have needed (to pay for) but it is OK for driving around near home.
20171116_104848.jpg

This is the radiator boxed up and addressed for the return trip to the manufacturer