Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
ok need a bit of help guys completely confused atm after reading all of this

atm i have a vs series 1 executive and have a lvl 3 dash from a vr clubbie and its loom

what do i need to do to get it into mine and workin ??

cheers despo :S

NM worked it out :) kinda ;S

Last edited:

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
After installing a level 3 cluster and the patch loom, what exactly needs to be calibrated on the cluster?

(Note that i haven't installed anything yet, i just want the info so i can get everything done in a weekend)

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nothing does. Unless the km's are way out. You can take this into a gauge repair shop and they should be able to do it for you. As for cost, I'm not sure.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
only thing that really needs calibration is your Distance to Empty

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I've heard that you also need to calibrate the trip meter, to ensure that the kilometres it counts matches real world kilometres? Can't think of what else there was.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8

jonomatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII V6 Manual
I recently grabbed a L3 cluster with the loom and switches and everything. I just did a straight swap with the L2 cluster with the intention of properly wiring it up later. There are a couple of issues with the cluster that hopefully someone can solve for me.

1) Right Indicator dash light does not work (Indicators still work)
2) Some of the cluster lights do not work. The middle of the cluster is completely dark however it looks like a couple lights still work (one on the right and one on the left side of the gauges)

My L2 cluster illumination and indicator lights work perfectly fine. Does the new cluster have some blown bulbs or is it an issue with the L3 wiring not being added? Thanks

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
I recently grabbed a L3 cluster with the loom and switches and everything. I just did a straight swap with the L2 cluster with the intention of properly wiring it up later. There are a couple of issues with the cluster that hopefully someone can solve for me.

1) Right Indicator dash light does not work (Indicators still work)
2) Some of the cluster lights do not work. The middle of the cluster is completely dark however it looks like a couple lights still work (one on the right and one on the left side of the gauges)

My L2 cluster illumination and indicator lights work perfectly fine. Does the new cluster have some blown bulbs or is it an issue with the L3 wiring not being added? Thanks

Just swap the globes from your L2 cluster. You will have issues with the head lights not working right along with the climate control/ A/C not being the same between the L2 & L3 looms.

jonomatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII V6 Manual
is it difficult to replace the globes for the gauges? i didnt swap the loom just the cluster so headlights and a/c etc still work. someone in this thread posted a table which compares l2 and l3 loom wiring. in the diagram theres a note about a pair of +ve and -ve illumination wires being swapped around in connector 2 i think. can you confirm this and whether or not it causes illumination problems? thanks heaps

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
is it difficult to replace the globes for the gauges? i didnt swap the loom just the cluster so headlights and a/c etc still work. someone in this thread posted a table which compares l2 and l3 loom wiring. in the diagram theres a note about a pair of +ve and -ve illumination wires being swapped around in connector 2 i think. can you confirm this and whether or not it causes illumination problems? thanks heaps

The L3 cluster only has 3 globes to light up the gauges - the L2 has 4 globes. The wires should be the same for the gauges in both clusters with the standard L2 loom. The globes are the same