Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TTI sale

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Here is a list of interchangeable sizes. 14mm equals 9/16 any size bigger other than 15mm, 18mm and 20mm will line up. All the sizes smaller have issues some times 1/2 can be used as 12mm but not always.

Now **** off.

14MM on an old school 9/16 won't fit...Classic example, Holden red 6 the 3 thermostat housing to head bolts

12Mm on an old school 1/2" won't fit...13Mm will round the head off..Classic example...Holden red 6 4 fan to water pump bolts

17Mm on an old school 11/16 rounds the head off...Classic example...Holden red engine mount to k-frame nuts....(Held in place by a nut and bolt)

19 Mm on an old school 3/4 rounds heads off... Old school Holdens had a 3/4 wheel nut which held the wheel in place....I quite often saw signs where the 19 MM socket had been forced over the wheel nut, because it didn't quite fit the nut

21MM on an old school 13/16 rounds heads off..Old school long shanked wheel nuts were 13/16 and it was quite common young mechanics used a 21Mm socket to remove these and actually round the head off, which made it extremely difficult to remove the wheel nut as they had a habit of corroding inbetween the shank and the wheel nut hole

10MM on a 3/8 won't fit....Classic example is manifolds on ecotecs....Now YOU should know that, if you are a mechanic, which is why I asked that specific question

I love your responses when an old school spanner spinner with no pieces of paper shows your are incorrect, especially when you bang on that you spend years getting a piece of paper and squillions of dollars on tools....To me it shows you refuse to learn from old hands....

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
14MM on an old school 9/16 won't fit...Classic example, Holden red 6 the 3 thermostat housing to head bolts

12Mm on an old school 1/2" won't fit...13Mm will round the head off..Classic example...Holden red 6 4 fan to water pump bolts

17Mm on an old school 11/16 rounds the head off...Classic example...Holden red engine mount to k-frame nuts....(Held in place by a nut and bolt)

19 Mm on an old school 3/4 rounds heads off... Old school Holdens had a 3/4 wheel nut which held the wheel in place....I quite often saw signs where the 19 MM socket had been forced over the wheel nut, because it didn't quite fit the nut

21MM on an old school 13/16 rounds heads off..Old school long shanked wheel nuts were 13/16 and it was quite common young mechanics used a 21Mm socket to remove these and actually round the head off, which made it extremely difficult to remove the wheel nut as they had a habit of corroding inbetween the shank and the wheel nut hole

10MM on a 3/8 won't fit....Classic example is manifolds on ecotecs....Now YOU should know that, if you are a mechanic, which is why I asked that specific question

I love your responses when an old school spanner spinner with no pieces of paper shows your are incorrect, especially when you bang on that you spend years getting a piece of paper and squillions of dollars on tools....To me it shows you refuse to learn from old hands....

My tools don't. I guess flank drive is a real thing.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My tools don't. I guess flank drive is a real thing.

Which explains why you have all different types of tools...Fix the stuff you stuff up by using the wrong tools to start with....

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Wow! It appears you have a lot of experience rounding the heads off nuts and bolts...

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
can ya feel that chrissie spirit haha