Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TV's in cars?

coolvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
A couple of days ago my mates friend turned up with a tv inserted into the passenger side sunvisor.Just wondering where you would get it done and what people think about tv's in cars.

jacko

Reaction score
You could probably get it done at Strathfield/Brisbane Car Sound or JB HiFi or similar. But personally... i dont really think tv's in cars are necessary. they might be good for passengers on long trips to watch movies, but i dont really think they're necessary, maybe only for GPS

R

Rinn_P

Dont really know where a good place to get it done would be but I dont really think having TVs in the car is a good thing. My ex had a TV and playstation in his car and it was used maybe twice before he ripped them out. Like Jacko said maybe in the front head-rests so people in the back can watch on long trips but I dont really see the point. But thats just my opinion!!!

Rinn

O

ozute

I think they have a place for kids in the back seat on a long haul. Otherwise if your friends would rather watch a movie than talk to you on a long drive, get some new friends :bop:

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Yeh, what they said :D Definitely should only be in the back half of the car, otherwise they are just as distracting as mobile phones to the driver.

mwethereld

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Series II V9 Executive 3.8L Supercharged 11Psi
to be perfectly honest, there are a toy, thats all,,, i have a DVD LCD setup and it is good for the family on long hauls, but its just to show the car off a tad, i do have other uses though, i have it to view GPS, DVD, and a computer that i have in the boot with the twins ( Subs )

personally i did it all by myself, but if you arent confident, take it to an auto hifi place, Brissy car sound ( Strathfield ) try and rip ya dry as does autobarn. i dont find my distracting, because i can switch off to it,,, if my family is watching a movie ( most likely a chick flick! with a family full of girls! ) then ill just concentrate on the road... there good for also playing music DVDs, good to have the clip and song in one, and with my DVD you get 6.2 sound!

O

ozute

Actually I have to say, in relation to Strathfield, that I was quite surprised to find out recently that if you have something installed by them and keep your docket, they will take it out and put the old stuff back in for free, and give you 25% off the installation into a new car..

R

rattattack1313

check the legalities of having a screen on whilst driving , lads.......

mwethereld

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Series II V9 Executive 3.8L Supercharged 11Psi
Ive answered this one before on another post, the law states under the Road Use Managment Act that as long as the screen doesnt restrict movement through the vehicle to the passengers, and is not visible to the driver whilst operating... SO DONT WATCH IT! jeez,,, nobody points out to the cops that its illegal to have there 15 inch touch screen in there patrol cars,,, theres no waiver for the pigs,,,, so they should be subject to same laws.