Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo VS Ecotec Build **engine build in progress page 16**

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
sway9 said above about forged pistons. im after a set at the moment and cant find much in the ecotech area for pistons. im after a good set of forged pistons as im planning on running around 20psi in my vs v6 without decomping it. its only a weekend car and dont mind blowing it up having fun. how much did they set u back and where did u get them from if someone can help me. im after a set of really good rods and pistons.

INTENSE-Racing.com: Diamond Coated Forged Piston/Pin/Ring Kits

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i dont see the point spending $2000 and over for just pistons and rods. going abit overboard but i do know the more money u spend the better quaity u get aswell as longer lasting engine. thanks chargedvx6 i like that price abit better aswell as there cams they sound hot i think i might have to order 1 from crow cams

Growler88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6
IMG_0472r1.jpg

most win keyboard ever.

also sounds like a very interesting project and would like to see timeslips/dyno when you really start pushing the old girl :D

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
yea well we were able to go overboard so i got wat seemed to be the best and they dont make the engine sound like a diesel :)

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yeah thats always good but then again when u get a noisy engine something it sounds tuff in the right wat it just has to be tuff. i worked it out its going to cost around $2000 for forged pistons and a set of the best rods on the market from that company mentioned above. and they range of cams is huge and unbelievable make the car sound like a v8 with a huge cam

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Ive decided to put the turbo's on the same side (passenger side). Its gonna be easier and look different.

BTW, any ideas as to what i should drape over my side guards? I dont want scratches galore after spending $400 on paint detailing.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
How about that plastic stuff they use in place of car bras. Chubby used it on his 8000km trip and it stopped stone chips so might stop the accidentaly scratches. I think it's called Cardom, I remember seeing something similar at super cheap.

the_duke

Reaction score
I used Clark's, felt on one side and foam on the other, I put the felt side down then just wiped off the dust after i removed it all. Cost about $7 a meter and comes 2m wide.

Good cheap affective stuff. Still flexible to follow the contour of the gourds.

my 2 cents Luke