Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres - Yokohama S221 or Bridestone RE050

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Only 16,000km is very poor performance. I'd say you have a bad alignment. Have you had an alignment done since picking it up new? One of my VEs had MASSIVE toe in on the rear from brand new... Took the results (before and after) of the alignment I had done into the dealer and they arranged for to compensate me as they agreed that new cars should come properly aligned. Got a credit in the amount of the alignment to use against future services.

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
i had a VE SS ute on RE50A's and found YES they are definitely a performance tyre as compared to Yoki 221's that i have on my Series II VE SS sedan, however i think they do save more fuel and wear slower...got 23000 max on my ute with RE50A's and thats with rotating, pressure at 38psi and correct wheel alignment...but overall i wish my Series II had RE50A's on it...the rear gives out easier on 221's...however its all personal choice ;-)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I didn't know it was easier to rotate tyres based on their tread pattern. WOW!!!

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Huh?

Because I didn't know the answer????

Keen to know how the rotation process is easier based on the tread pattern of the tyre.

sorry read you comment as sarcastic.

directional can only go front to back, unless you rotate the tyre on the rim.
assymetrical you can put on any corner.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Yeah I know that. But how does that make rotation easier? It's still the same process.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
you dont have to rotate an assymetrical tyre on the rim to change it side to side.