Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres - Yokohama S221 or Bridestone RE050

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I get an alignment at least every 10,000. You're right about the rear toe. HUGE from factory - and on the only time I had holden do an alignment on it since. So the last 6000 of the bridgies life were with a proper alignment. The KU31s I had lasted around 22,000 (including the toe that holden 'installed' when they did the alignment. It's since been corrected again.

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
I have just over 40,000K on mine with the RE050A's from new but don't expect them to pass the next inspection in June. I picked up a like new set of RE050A's for $300 each off Trademe. While reading about these tires I discovered the RE050A was standard issue on the Enzo.

These are rated 98W which is good for up to 270Km/h. Handy to have if you need to out run a Tsunami or lava flow one day.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
i thought it did.

Nope. You still have to jack up the car, take the wheels off one spot and put them on another spot. The sort of tyre doesn't change that.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
These are rated 98W which is good for up to 270Km/h. Handy to have if you need to out run a Tsunami or lava flow one day.

LOL!!! Neither of those move anywhere close to that fast!

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Nope. You still have to jack up the car, take the wheels off one spot and put them on another spot. The sort of tyre doesn't change that.

yes in that way your right, but with directionals if you swap them side to side there rotating/facing the wrong way.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
a mate of mine put me onto a site called the tyre rack in the usa, i got a quote for the re050a's beffore christmas and a set of four shipped to melbourne was just over $1200.00 aus$.