Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
I'm nearly up for new tyres and my tyre shop has suggested I have a look at Kumho PS91. I've read a few reviews and they seem good from what has been written, I don't know about life but.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Had Bridgie OEM's last 23k kms on the rears and went to Falken 453's. Those only lasted 8k kms so it's back to Bridgie's all around.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I run Goodyear F1 Asymmetric. Yet to find a better tyre but never tried Contis

Vedran

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I changed over from the RE050A to the Continental CSC5P on my Redline and they've done 9,000km with around 75-80% tread remaining expecting to get 35,000km out of them (staggered so can't rotate them), I've found it to be a better tyre than the RE050A, biggest difference is noise and wet grip. The 4for3 promo is on until the end of June so no rush.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
If you can get this one, go with Michelin Pilot Super Sport talk about a sticky tire (wet and dry), quiet as heck. The only drawbacks are, wears out a bit faster than any other and pricey, but they are so addictive. My VE (G8) suspension seems to like the tire; nice improvement in handling without any mechanical changes/mods.

5191982294_e48aa29115.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks for all the comments Blokes. Hmmm...
Christov make some good points about the Bridgy's, but then I would have to buy 4 and pay around $300 more than the Conti's (4 for 3 deal). As long as I get say 26,000 out of the Conti's I'm doing ok. I think that should be achievable, my tyres seem to last as I am balanced in the way I drive, e.g. not pushing to the point of understeer which ruins the outer edge of the fronts. I get them Ex GST too so not a lot of money at risk here. I love the Bridgy's. Great tyre. I reckon if I drove with a little less right foot off the mark and around some bends the rears may have lasted as long as the front's to say 42-45,000k's. They handle well, brake well and wear well. A+. But as the Conti's CS5P's come out on the VF HSV's I reckon I'll give them a go, a little grippier and a bit quieter for the sake of longevity may be a worthwhile tradeoff?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Different strokes, either tyre will be good. You could always just buy 3 new tyres then fit your full size spare to one of the fronts if you go with Bridgestone.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yep thought about that too. But I'd still be paying about the same as the 4 Conti's are costing me. I'll post my initial thoughts on the Conti's although I'm comparing them to the Bridgy's which now break traction at about 1/3 throttle.

Thetabop

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais v
When my stock Bridgestone tires wear out on my CalaisV I'm gonna put Michelin pilot super sports on.

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
I'm Running DUNLOP SP SPORTMAXX RT, find them to be quieter and better grip in wed and dry compared to the OEM, have Approx 15K on them, and there is still 70%+ Tread on the rears.
I feel they'll last slightly longer than OEM, bonus considering they were cheaper than the Bridgies.