Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Ok mesh is on its way.

I might take off bumper one more time when i have the mesh, be far easier to install it and can do cable tie trick or similar with the bumper.

This lil bitch is gonna be perfect lol

I can't tell is that mesh plastic or metal?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Plastic
Its quite thick though at 6mm.
Also had issues with postage, normal postal locker cant accept as cannot be rolled due to thickness of mesh and so has to be sent to normal post office and normal collection

Had tried everywhere from Bunnings, Mitre10, other hardware and gardeing centres and even the US and nothing matched what i wanted.
Wanted something decent, thick and sturdy yet flexible and with good air flow. Good air flow was the priority, then looks.
Noticed ford mesh is similar and looks good as well so tried to find one like it and randomly checking, found one
Mesh honeycomb is 33mm wide and 12mm high so is nice and wide

Quote from listing below
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BODY-KIT...0?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123#ht_494wt_1363
Brand new quality plastic honeycomb mesh for after market body kits and bumper bars

Description :

~ Extra large sheet size - Length : 120 CM Length x 40CM width x 6MM thick , shape of the honeycomb size : 33MM X 12MM.

~ Give your bumper a factory look with this unique honeycomb plastic grill, easy to trim and clean.It come with mesh pin and make it much easier to install to any bumper. (see listing photo for details)

~ Made by flexible injection plastic, stone damage resistant. Great protection for your radiator, intercooler.. etc

~Selling it below wholesale price ( Just $42 ) .. so be quick !

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Painted the hitch

Came out ok.
2 coats primer
3 coast engine enamel
5 coats clear
then lightly sanded

For what i paid and what i did, its worth it. Took away the big bling it had
Still needs a few days to shrink

from this
IMAG0081_zps14c5179b.jpg~original

To this
IMAG0106_zpsdd496f83.jpg~original

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
Good stuff. I'd need to see it on the car to decide if I like the chrome logo left there but either way it looks good.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good stuff. I'd need to see it on the car to decide if I like the chrome logo left there but either way it looks good.

Me too actually
Currently watching top gear before I do a workout and the hitch cover is next to me on the bed. (Painted it upstairs this morning in my spray booth known to common folk as a shower enclosure)

I too am uncertain, but wanted to see how it looked with the silver logo. If don't like it, can paint it.

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Matches your ride nicely..i wouldnt change a thing matey..

You sure?
Im thinking of painting it high gloss black (the logo) now and leaving outer part matt finish.
Just doesnt look right. Looks like a brake light or reflector.

For this car, think all black is the way. Picture below with and without logo showing.

Hopefully Friday night, will be doing
1. Six minute Auto transmission cooler installation
2. Bumper grill mesh install
3. Bumper side bit sorted
4. Hitch cover logo painted

Image1_zpsb4569b97.jpg~original

Last edited:

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
I have to agree that it needs to be all black but I'm thinking of the reverse to your idea; gloss black the hitch and matte black the logo. I reckon that would tie in your SS badge being a matte finish over gloss also.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Definitely looks better in all black. The debate on matte vs glossy? I reckon it should all be the same but at the end of the day its your car and you'll know what you want to do with the little tow bar hitch. Even so, it already looks a bagillion times better than before :)

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Yep now that i see the pics def all black to blend in with the bumper...Id match the finish of the bumper though..
Uni with the grille mesh you rekon it can be done with the bumper on (dont want to remove my bumper again cos its pretty well lined up spot on). I want to put black mesh also
as it would be a good contrast to my white bumper etc.

Theres a variety of mesh i found here
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/grille-mesh-sheet

Last edited: