Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniqe home for a V6

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
Thanks guys, the health is just about sorted, I will be able to stop the ginger beer and soup diet, and get back on solid food and real beer!!! mmmmmm, beer ...

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i had a LOL at the rear housing man thats rust LOL

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, that'd the good bit that will hopefully put people off, and I don't want it anyway !!

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Golly, I still haven't been able to get myself motivated to take some pics and do a decent update.

Mind you, things might take quite a turn for this jalopy now. My idea of putting a twin turbo V6 in an Altered is no longer unique, as some other local guys are doing exactly the same thing now.... TT V6 Altered...ho hum

So, now that I do not need to try and be unique to prove a point, I might go for a straight 6 instead, either an RB30 turbo deal, or a 2JZ Toyota powerplant, both of which make far more power than the poor old V6 for the same level of investment. There is a RB30 powered rail in NZ, running solidly in the low 7's, and I have it on good authority from the owner that it is basically a stocker with forged pistons, twin cam head, and good engine management, nothing too fancy.

So if I can get 700HP on a stock bottom end with the RB or the Toyota, why the hell not?? I hate to imagine what it would take in $$$'s to get that much power from the little Buick....... What do people think???

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hey it gives you someone to race next thing there will be a complete v6 class :D that rips rail the engine wouldnt be cheap $10000 for a street prepped engine from rips think thats with no plenum or exhaust mani.then add on 90mm throttlebody and all the bits she gets expensive you should just do the buick you know you want too :D

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
+1 on the 1jz.. My mate was going to put one in his beg. Drift car
.. At least I think it was a 1jz.....

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, just chucking in my 2c, but you ever look at a 1jz? 2.5 single turbo. you want somthing a bit different, maybe look there. awesome engine in a chaser, none of the crappy lag you get from a 2jz and still loads of top end power.

Good point ARI, I will do some sniffing around. I don't mind what it is, as long as the bottom end is pretty solid. Cheers