Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

United to fuel V8 SuperCars

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I feel biofuels like e85 are the only real, practical solution to any future petroleum supply crunch we may see. Hybrids are expensive (and still need petrol/diesel), EVs have limited range with a long charge-up, Fuel cells require a whole new fuel delivery/storage system. Ethanol OTOH can be used in existing cars and fuel distribution networks, albeit with some modification. Had I kept the VX for the long term, and e85 conversion would have been in its future......

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I main thing I like about it, besides it smelling good, being able to make more power on it, less emissions, on average the same price as running 98ron, is that most of the money made stays in the country!!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
The price varies so much lately, bald Hills and Warwick sit on a comfortable 130c/L whereas crestmead United e85 was pushing 147c/L on Sunday - hardly worth it to be honest considering how much less distance you travel with the stuff.

Rozelle and Drummoyne in Sydney are below that always, eg Speedway is 128¢ today.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I filled there on Monday and was 82.7%, similar to Arundel and Coffs, new one at Ourimbah, and Speedway. All good.
So tuning at 80% filling at United would be fairly safe in Summer. Bloody Caltex is a mixed bag rarely over 70%.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
I feel biofuels like e85 are the only real, practical solution to any future petroleum supply crunch we may see.

pffft, hydrogen will kick the **** out of shitty bio fuels.

just need to get the market up and running. honda have made a hydrogen car for over a decade, but its electric which is stupid IMO. needs to be an internal combustion engine run on hydro. then youll see some SERIOUS horsepower.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Cheapest high octane fuel today
6uqeze4y.jpg

Fill 'er up!! @Rozelle (Speedway)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I would use it exclusively if I could buy it. At comparatively reasonable prices of course.