Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

United to fuel V8 SuperCars

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Mate in our Australian summer your car can run on 100% ethanol or 100% cheap ass 91, it has a flex fuel sensor and technical provisions so it can run on any combination of either in between and still maintain optimum tune.
Just sayin that nobody I have seen has actually reported on purely performance basis using 85% ethanol in the stock flex fuel tune.
So would be interesting to see how good / if you notice difference using higher octane in your LFX at WOT, part-mash-throttle, and decel. Yeah, real scientific like!
Empty the tank as much as possible before filling with e85, use United, and suspend your shock at 50% more fuel being consumed (up to 9.72 AFR).
Camaro forums are keen too btw, just tell it like it is with stock tune.
Even with a flex fuel sensor surely it would be unwise to have it custom tuned for E85 and then run 91.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Even with a flex fuel sensor surely it would be unwise to have it custom tuned for E85 and then run 91.

No, there is a calc (tool) to populate all cells in the Virtual VE. In other words you can have the base gasoline tune stock and fuel / timing optimised to e85.
Both EFIlive and HPT smooth out the 3d map.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
No, I'm on android but it would appear I can do ODB.

I'm all laptopped up with tuner pro though. And I have access to a 'beer as you go' shop.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Pollution, Beer as you Go is my mantra too, monitor alc% PID and you see that United is about 10% more potent and up to 10% cheaper than the foreign multinational.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Lol, well that's not what I wanted to hear. Might investigate options, Queanbeyan (nsw) is only round the corner.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Fyshwick is converting at the moment and one smack in the Monaro heartland at Michelago, halfway to Cooma, both pumping in the next couple of months.
Michelago can get snow cover from April being at 900m, so that's going to be a challenge.
8u2a8ama.jpg

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sweet. If Fyshwick is putting it on the menu I guess I'm sorted in the near future.

I also just realised my rubber sections of fuel line are already upgraded, I did that when the Walbro went in. So according to my research about all that's left is ensuring my injectors have enough headroom for extra juice.