Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[URGENT] Anyone recommend a VSCCS engineer for certificate

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
With your emissions in check you should be in the clear, be sure your check all your exhaust clearances as i got pinged and had to add some heat shielding, even though my exhaust has the same clearances as any VN-VS i just did as i was told and i got my engineers cert without any other problems.

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 Turbo Ute, 99 STI EJ207 GT FORESTER
With your emissions in check you should be in the clear, be sure your check all your exhaust clearances as i got pinged and had to add some heat shielding, even though my exhaust has the same clearances as any VN-VS i just did as i was told and i got my engineers cert without any other problems.
Did your engineer put it up on a hoist or something? My clearances are good, but tight in order to fit 3" and not scrape haha. My engineer comes out to see me (im pretty sure) If only I could get onto him :/ lol

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 Turbo Ute, 99 STI EJ207 GT FORESTER
Well guys, I had Rob from VMC Engineering come out on Weds to inspect the car and I PASSED! I received my paperwork lasgt night. Nw its time to get blue slipped and never be in the wrong with the 5-0 again! I can highly recommend Rob, hes very easy to deal with and is very fair.

Hopefully this shows that engineering a car really isnt that hard if it's modded right. It cost me 1000, in which he certified engine/engine bay, exhaust, brakes, bucket seats, front adjustable castor arms/tie-rods. Basically anything the cops can pick.

I have a new vid on youtube of the work I did and the setup now etc. Be sure to check it out

Last edited by a moderator: