Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent help needed please car stuck in orange

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
hey people, ive got a problem with checking the error codes on a vt, i know how to do it bridge 5 and 6 so i did it and it came up with 83 but there is no code 83 so i went to check it again and now it wont work at all, no lights flash or anything... ive tried bridging other ways and unhooking the battery to reset it, even tried going into the wires themselves behind the plug but nothing seems to work. any ideas? anything at all would be mad, cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wats even happening the car wont start?

if uve reset the ECU the fault would have been cleared so u may only get code 12 until it logs the fault again so r u able 2 drive the car or not?

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
thanks for the reply, nah mate the car starts then cuts out almost instantly... but i cant even get a code to come up now, for some reason when i bridge it with a paper clip to run the diagnostics nothing happens at all. any ideas on why that might be or what i could do about it?

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
nah just starts normal then cuts out, i got no idea why ive checked everything basic and i couldnt see anything thats why i looked to the diagnostics check but now that wont even work

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
i had a similar problem a couple of years ago....ended up being my key, it was rooted and the immobiliser was shutting the car off

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i had a similar problem a couple of years ago....ended up being my key, it was rooted and the immobiliser was shutting the car off

could b this is ur light on the mode button flashin 100 mile an hour?

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
yeah that was happening... the column was replaced in it with one out of another vt so it has a different ignition and key in it now, would that affect the immobiliser that was already in the car?

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Yes, the key has to be programed to the BCM. If you search you will find how to re program the key.