Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Conversion For Vb To Vk

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Wont bolt straight in, need to mod you original crossmember or make a new one.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Ok got most things sorted but the speedo using a t 700 is a bit of drama...trying to get out of it without wasting too much money so Im was looking at keeping the original cable driven speedo and installing a pulse generator in line.So basically I need a speedo adapter to fit the t 700 with cable output, a in line generator like a dakota 8 k pulse generator and a turbo 350 speedo cable.And a pulse converter for the computer?
Am I on the right track? any easier way...

looked on a site in the us that had a adapter/pulse generator in one too
speedoadapter.jpg

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
I have a vn donor car and when I do the conversion will the tailshaft need to be shortened if I use the complete driveline in my vh. Cheers

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT50............ while the vk is rebuilt
Looks like ive been away from here a little to long.
Ill read through the post and update the main post with tips and tricks that have been posted. If there are some must do's and don't that should be listed in the main post please PM and ill do my best to get it included. I also note that some posts are for VR-VS, so those of you that have done this or have the info on it PM and ill get it added also. Tail shafts and speedo's seem to be something that need to be addressed most.

gassyvn6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn t5 executive
hey,i am currently in the process of putting a vs ecotech into my vh, i am using a vl disc diff and having a single piece tail shaft made up to suit so that will save a bit in the frustration of sorting that out but what i do need to know is i have the engine in using the vs k-frame and just wondering if anyone had opinions on steering racks as the mount points are different between the vh and vs and also where the rack connects to the steering column aswell,what is everyone else using?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I used a vn/p rack and a vl intermediate shaft..works fine as long as the rack doesnt leak..I used new o rings and return line where anything was disassembled...its suprising how little it takes to get the vh column out...found out the top coupling clamp has been loose for whole time Ive owned the car..cant come out as its locked in by the other components around it but it just fell out when I undid the mounting nuts and bolts in the cabin.

herbrock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Brock Replica
OK i have read everything in this thread and it is being a fantastic help to converting my vk to V6 but i want to use a vt eco and i hav a vt and vs as my donor cars will this be possble to do and abit fuzzy with the tail shaft fuel tank and steering rack if i can get a bit of clarity on these thanks

gassyvn6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn t5 executive
fuel tank will bolt in place of the existing fuel tank but need to run an extra fuel line for the efi return,markovr posted just above yours about the steering rack option,use a vn-vs live axle tailshaft which has to be shortened to suit,and either the vs or vt engine and box will fit as they are basically the exact same thing,hope it helps