Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Exhaust - Post here

na3point8

Reaction score
my worked n/a v6 on cold start. exhaust setup is small wildcat headers for now, twin 2 1/4" cats into 3" hooker aero chamber then into big 7" round sureflo custom resonator. it has 0 drone. at times i'd like it louder but at 5 or 6am its loud enough its a good compromise plus its only 2min to drop the reso anyhow. will get a clip without reso soon and some revving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB2NAzHwDLY

Last edited:

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
hmmm.. your power output from the engine should be the same i believe, it's just that you reduce the loss between fly and the rw by enabling your car to "breathe" better. If i am wrong someone correct me. My advice though is wait until you get off your p plates, as cops may give you problems regardless, because the increase in rwkw would equal to a factory built car that is over 200KW without a performance exhaust system... that is my assumption.

Regardless, you should be happy with a stock ve sv6 for a P plater, you drive a better car than most P platers. If you like the louder note, then just swap over the rear mufflers.

Here's a few question for you guys.

First off, let me Apologise if this is not the right thread but i have tried everywhere to find this information and the reason i post on this thread is because I plan to do an exhaust system mod (including extractors) but these laws seem to be creating quite an obstacle.

I live in Qld and I'm about to go on my provisional licence (Red P's).
According to QLD transport provisional licence holders are unable to drive a high performance vehicle.

This includes:
* eight or more cylinders
* a turbo-charged or super-charged engine that is not diesel powered
* an engine that has a power output of more than 200 kW as per the manufacturer's specifications*
* a rotary engine that has an engine capacity of more than 1146cc as per the manufacturer's specifications
* a modified engine that must be approved under the Transport Operations (Road Use Management — Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999, section 30.

*does as per the manufacturer's specifications mean that you can take your car up to any amount of KW, as long as when you bought it stock it was 200KW (a bit stupid, I know)*

or Do these laws mean that a provisional licence holder is unable to drive a car which has any engine modifications? Because I am looking at installing an exhaust system including extractors. I currently drive a VZ SV6 190 so putting in this system may cause it to exceed 200KW

Any information regarding these questions would be a great help

Thanks heeps guys

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
You'll be fine. I am a red p-plater too and you wont get in trouble for that, cops wont run a dyno on the side of the road LOL ALso I don't believe the system and stuff will give you the additional 10, if ti does, they still wouldnt have a clue. Just don't put a pod filter in and you'll be fine (despite the fact they do s**t all, they are cop grabbers and they'll get ya for it)

Here's a few question for you guys.

First off, let me Apologise if this is not the right thread but i have tried everywhere to find this information and the reason i post on this thread is because I plan to do an exhaust system mod (including extractors) but these laws seem to be creating quite an obstacle.

I live in Qld and I'm about to go on my provisional licence (Red P's).
According to QLD transport provisional licence holders are unable to drive a high performance vehicle.

This includes:
* eight or more cylinders
* a turbo-charged or super-charged engine that is not diesel powered
* an engine that has a power output of more than 200 kW as per the manufacturer's specifications*
* a rotary engine that has an engine capacity of more than 1146cc as per the manufacturer's specifications
* a modified engine that must be approved under the Transport Operations (Road Use Management — Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999, section 30.

*does as per the manufacturer's specifications mean that you can take your car up to any amount of KW, as long as when you bought it stock it was 200KW (a bit stupid, I know)*

or Do these laws mean that a provisional licence holder is unable to drive a car which has any engine modifications? Because I am looking at installing an exhaust system including extractors. I currently drive a VZ SV6 190 so putting in this system may cause it to exceed 200KW

Any information regarding these questions would be a great help

Thanks heeps guys

Gage

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU 2002 S II v6 3.8L
Hey guy
just wanted a bit of advice for what catback setup to get on my 02 vu s II ute. it is auto.... so i want a nice deep growl but also no unwanted drone.
went to carline mufflers and the bloke rekons to get a full catback (with rear resi/muffler) to reduce drone on the auto, but i also heard that this would make it sound almost stock? Also he quoted me $500 for this 2.5" lukey with a $60 chrome tip on it. i thought this seemed a bit over priced but i guess its due to having the rear resi left on?
Let me know what you guys think and also the price i should pay. cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
mine used to sound a little like that, except it was buick not eco. but anyway, inspired me to put up the wifes wagon.

late at night in a carpark waiting for the wife.

and in the drive way.

edit: forgot to mention, VX wagon, auto and 2.5 lukey cat back no rear resi. 4inch tip.

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
what sort of tips that? reckon it doesnt sound bad at all!