Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
do you know what the lift imit is on stock buick heads? i'd imagine it's about the same as the ecotecs?

if so, some 1.9rockers on a standard cam might be do-able:D

I don't know but we'll be finding out soon though, for the reason you've mentioned ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't know but we'll be finding out soon though, for the reason you've mentioned ;)

let me know what you discover. then we can test that theory:D.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Hey azzaturbo,

The throttle body is $220, while the MAF is $180 outright or $130 changeover.
how long till this is avalible for the vz ?

MACE

Reaction score
let me know what you discover. then we can test that theory:D.

Will do :D

how long till this is avalible for the vz ?

In regards to the MAF haven't looked at it up close so I can't say. As for the throttle body the factory casting is too thin to justify any machining. And even if it could, the manifold has the same throat diameter as the throttle body, so this would require porting to see any gains :(

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
hey mace!! Just wandering, any idea if the mace spacer for the ve alloytec and the CPR6 are compatible? Was told I wouldnt be able to close the bonnet.

Good excuse for a bonnet scoop xD lol

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
how much are the twin throttle manifolds for the buick v6?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Curious on the cam prices you have. What type of power output etc. Price and fitting also please:).

MACE

Reaction score
hey mace!! Just wandering, any idea if the mace spacer for the ve alloytec and the CPR6 are compatible? Was told I wouldnt be able to close the bonnet.

Good excuse for a bonnet scoop xD lol

They should be compatible, in a that they will bolt up, however in regards to clearance I couldn't tell you.

hey mace,

with your 1.9:1 rockers do you supply pushrods??? or will stock rods be fine?

With our 1.9:1 rockers pushrods are optional and are only required if you're installing them on a VY V6

how much are the twin throttle manifolds for the buick v6?

We don't make them any more :(

Curious on the cam prices you have. What type of power output etc. Price and fitting also please.

Cam prices for new billet grinds start from $525. In regards to power outputs it depends on your requirements. Installation is normally around the 1000 mark.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Cam prices for new billet grinds start from $525. In regards to power outputs it depends on your requirements. Installation is normally around the 1000 mark.
I'm kind of funny. I like to be able to drive around normal cruise everyday thing. But when i want to go overtake or off the mark up to 100 i want a good throw back in the seat feeling. Maybe some 1/4 runs here and there also. But not killing all low down take off power in the process:).
I have read some guys with cams who hate driving them around normal, They say they are like pigs. That is something i would love to avoid, But still get as much as i can out of it. I had the idea of roller rockers for some cheap get up and go, And i also like your insulation products, Been looking at them on ebay.