Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Rear main seal retaining plate bolt locating bushes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 l67 commodore berlina
Just adding to thread. According to my manuel the locating dowls where used during 1st assembly & wither over time & arnt sold by holden & arnt really needed. However the bolts are tty one time use bolts & are not sold separately by holden. To get new bolts u hav to buy the whole plate. What im trying 2 get @ is the bolts r more of a concern being tty, than the dowls. Spoke to a few people that said they just reuse the bolts with rtv around the base. Im going to buy the whole plate this time round cause the seal needs doing. but cant afford to do it every build just to get some bolts. Dont know who can!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just adding to thread. According to my manuel the locating dowls where used during 1st assembly & wither over time & arnt sold by holden & arnt really needed. However the bolts are tty one time use bolts & are not sold separately by holden. To get new bolts u hav to buy the whole plate. What im trying 2 get @ is the bolts r more of a concern being tty, than the dowls. Spoke to a few people that said they just reuse the bolts with rtv around the base. Im going to buy the whole plate this time round cause the seal needs doing. but cant afford to do it every build just to get some bolts. Dont know who can!
Expensive, are you buying gen or AM? I have seen AM plates and they were under $200 IIRC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 l67 commodore berlina
Expensive, are you buying gen or AM? I have seen AM plates and they were under $200 IIRC.
Ill b getting oe from ebay .its a genuine gm from a holden dealer on ebay they r made in canada the originals so it checks out @ $183 aud inc shipping. havnt asked my local gm dealer yet doubt if it will b any cheaper. Been going through 1 lt of oil a mth so better get on 2 the seal soon. Just hope it doesnt get worse!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pretty sure dealer was around $350 when I was looking. In the end I found out early V6 doesn't even have a seal plate, which threw me because maybe 1/2 a dozen people on here said it does, including a few really old threads.