Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VN Dragger

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Hey VRV666, if you want a go fast memcal for Xmas PM me with your details and I will send it to you and you can tell the boys on here how it goes. It made 25 rear wheel brake horsepower more at 5000 rpm on our dyno than any other memcal we have tried and lets see if you can crack into the 8 second zone with it.

I should know within a couple of days weather shes getting sold of not, if it doesnt go, ill glady plug it in and give a full write up on it. With no other mods than last time I raced so we can see how it goes properly. Ill let u know what the go is soon :thumbsup:

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Im sold!

i was thinking of getting a VN-VP 5L with half a billion kays on it for a bit of a play car, but now im definitely looking into a 6!

Great effort there dude!

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
i'll have to get my vp to the b'dale meet's after a bit more work only an auto tho
that xe that run's 12's isnt red is it? i dont know if you know mark lancaster from lakes i think he used to own it

hsv1987

Dose It
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoold, slappd, calais 5ltr
very nice man, keep up the work and keep us posted

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Immortality..... Benchmark target hey :embarrass Thanks man. Yep, i reckon the vn would be lighter than the camarro. If I do go down the path of nos (and hoping so) I would be trying to push it into the 12s but in saying that I would still be stoked if I hit low 13s on an under 3grand budget.

REV-231..... Cheers, I was going to the the v8 thing when I started too but the 6 was so darn cheap to get goin hard I couldnt resist.

Jet_pilot......The more the merrier on that track, dont be shyed away by your auto, my brother runs an auto vn up there and does a darn good job. The XE is a maroon colour, its got a shaker hanging out of the bonet. Mark sounds real familiar but I cant put a face to his name. Was the car your on about once grey with the plates *septor*?

Mack.... Heaps of weight reduction has been done, its basically a shell with a donk. It is definately what helps her get up and boggie, plus been a manual with slicks I can take off at full revs and get 0 wheelspin :dance:

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
nah mate must be a diffrent xe there was a red one a while back it had a vh ss lookin kit on it the bloke that work's at pinky's pizza in lakes
did you know rod day from eagle point that passed away on a bike at lake tyres (R.I.P mate) if so you might have seen his dark blue vp with berlina rim's? that's my car to give you an idea
im not that worried about the auto just way to much wheelspin since i reset the ecu and put a resistor on the intake temp sensor got a 2 1/4" cat back now to making own cai
i'd be happy to pull a high or mid 14 the way it is

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Immortality..... Benchmark target hey :embarrass Thanks man. Yep, i reckon the vn would be lighter than the camarro. If I do go down the path of nos (and hoping so) I would be trying to push it into the 12s but in saying that I would still be stoked if I hit low 13s on an under 3grand budget.

REV-231..... Cheers, I was going to the the v8 thing when I started too but the 6 was so darn cheap to get goin hard I couldnt resist.

Jet_pilot......The more the merrier on that track, dont be shyed away by your auto, my brother runs an auto vn up there and does a darn good job. The XE is a maroon colour, its got a shaker hanging out of the bonet. Mark sounds real familiar but I cant put a face to his name. Was the car your on about once grey with the plates *septor*?

Mack.... Heaps of weight reduction has been done, its basically a shell with a donk. It is definately what helps her get up and boggie, plus been a manual with slicks I can take off at full revs and get 0 wheelspin :dance:

hey man, your the fastest V6 n/a for any car that hasn't had the engine opended up basically. unfortunatly my car is basically full weight as it came from holden so i guess thats one reason i'm not a quick as you..... but then you will give greenfoam a run for his money and he's got 2 extra cylinders. damn slicks, all i get is wheelspin on stock 14" wheels with LSD and gears

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
:cry: Allrightie. The painful decision has been made to definately get rid of the car. I will be putting it in the for sale section tonight. A whole whopping $500 should do it. Good price for a fast play car.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's a bargin for anyone that wants a bracket racer to do battle at the local track on the weekends :). Like Imortality said it's the fastest unopened NA V6 in the country until proven otherwise and I highly doubt anyone else is even close. It's allways been one step ahead of my car, when I was making 9.3s you were making 9.2s I made it to 9.2s and you up the anti to 9.1. I finally made 9.1s and you were at 9.0s allready!:). 500 bucks for a car that would run a 1/4 mile in the 14.1s is a bargin for sure. Sad to see you sell it but at least now I have a chance to catch up to your PB time :)