Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VN Dragger

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
thatd be good if you could do that foamy? the mph was 69.

reaction time was 0.26

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
bearing in mind i was runing my overkill tune consisting of some unknown tune and 2 bar map sensor. runing pretty rich. i dont have a tune to run the blower with a 1 bar map sensor. would probably run alot better, i didnt actually get a chance to run an asby 3800 tune vs my 2 bar tune. could you help me out foamy?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ah yeah 69 mph isn't really enough in a VN to pull much under ten. 9.9 maybe :) about 125rwkw I'm guessing. I can help you out making it faster if you want, talk to me about it

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Wow, been a while since Ive taken a look at this thread. Since I was last here I have tried to buy the old girl back but so far I havent succeeded. But it is still sitting around with a blown clutch so hopefully I will end up been able to buy the lil dragger back and get back to trying to get into the 8's.

I ran my vr in jan like I suggested I might and I managed to pull out some 10.15s and bring home my time bracket, against a 5 speed vn ss and all.

Very minimal mods in the vr, cat back zorst, standard manifold, cai, chipped, no bellmouth and polished and filed back 65mm throttle body. Open diff and all.

Gotta love these v6's :), too bad im selling that car too. Got 2 4x4s now.

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Damn this is a pretty inspiring thread haha... i want a vn now! RAWR! :p and the $2,500 mark is pretty doable haha. love it, hope you get it back or maby make another one haha :thumbsup:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
quick Q mate, how did you get this thing to launch so well without getting lots of wheelspin?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Pretty sure he ran slicks. That and on a track means unlited revs traction, either it's going to bog down, break something, or you lift the front wheels with slicks on a good track

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Green foam answered that one for me haha. I was running a set of rather worn smokohama a008r semi slicks, I would also smother the tyres in vp racing track bite. (traction compound) And that was about it. With the track been a tad grippy, warm soft tyres and I suppose the car weighing about as much as feather I was able to take off on the red line.

(rip old vn :( Still trying to get you back)

Milz_00

Reaction score
**** yeah thats awesome bro
great times

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
would love to see some more pics.

is it completely stripped?

how did ya pay $500 for a manual VN? i thought only autos went around that price.