Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VN Dragger

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Haha, yep, you definately have the chance now. About half an hour after I put that post up I was approached and she sold. Not to anyone on this forum.

I was really looking forwards to getting in the 8s N/A but it doesnt matter now.

So ill leave that up to you greenfoam, keep enjoying the racing.
I still might hit our local track but it will be strapped to a RM 250, maybe with a lil juice :yeah:

So thats the end of that. Someday I might be back to do the same thing with a 5l. We will have to see what the future holds.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
dam its a shame mate before i even had the chance to run agaisnt ya n the vn lol
well i guess i gotta try n smoke some other local's

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Next drag meet up there is jan the 27th I will either be running my bike or our vr, so ill still be able to give you a run, just not in the mighty vn.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
any mod's on the vr?
i wont be able to make it till after feb coz im working n/s 7 day's a week then look out b'dale boy's lol i'll probly get creamed i just wanna know what my car run's with the mod's ive done
what is a stock vp executive's time?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
shame to see it go, onto bigger and better (faster) things i guess. and we all still have your time to beat:yeah:

FuzzayD

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Executive 3.8i
This thread is TiTs! Got me all amped up and excited to build a 14s car for under 1grand. im looking at getting vl though as my run around is vn. And vls are even cheaper. ive got a chasi lined up for free with front end dmg and a cefiro rb20det for $800 that leaves me with $200 for a diff, steering column, mx7 gearbox, exhaustm, wheels, windscreen and suspension and brakes.... i'm fairly confident i will go over budget.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
any mod's on the vr?
i wont be able to make it till after feb coz im working n/s 7 day's a week then look out b'dale boy's lol i'll probly get creamed i just wanna know what my car run's with the mod's ive done
what is a stock vp executive's time?

Seen a VN V6 run 10.45 or so and one with bolt ons make 10.2. Never seen the average street VN make it under 10 seconds. Although I'm confidant my old Lexcen would have made something like 9.7 if it ever had of made it to the track

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
Seen a VN V6 run 10.45 or so and one with bolt ons make 10.2. Never seen the average street VN make it under 10 seconds. Although I'm confidant my old Lexcen would have made something like 9.7 if it ever had of made it to the track
:eek::driving::hit: lol

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
just so people realise how fast this thing actually was, with a sc14 blower runing standard pulley on a rebuilt manual buick v6 with exhtractors, cai and zorst, the best i could run was a 10.2 in full street trim. open wheel diff and alot of wheelspin but none the less. this thing is fast.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
vn calais manual, from that description you would have been losing anything up to .4 in wheelspin I coudl tell you exactly what you would have made if you still have the mph for the 1/8th mile. But still For another example I made a tune for a local guy that has a VN auto with extractors the other day just before he went to the drags and he made a 10.106 and that's the best time I've heard from a conventional VN V6 on the track, not that I've seen more than half a dozen because not many are game to get on the track but still 10.106 is the best and it's the same time I've seen from a VT 5 litre clubsport