Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 vs V8 Thread

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
jeez even that seems alot. one of my mates is payen 2000 grand a year for his vz ss ute. and thats when he was 20 dont know what he is payen now.

Yes, but your mates VZ SS doesn't have that HSV badge on it.......As soon as you mention its a HSV the insurance skyrockets!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yes, but your mates VZ SS doesn't have that HSV badge on it.......As soon as you mention its a HSV the insurance skyrockets!

It depends on yourself and your insurer, as i said, my Senator is marginally cheaper than my XR6.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It depends on yourself and your insurer, as i said, my Senator is marginally cheaper than my XR6.

Who is your insurer? Also, as everybody knows the Senator is an old man's car who like to pose but not drive fast and thus it's no where near the risk of a R8 :p

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Who is your insurer? Also, as everybody knows the Senator is an old man's car who like to pose but not drive fast and thus it's no where near the risk of a R8 :p

Reaper

I go through a transport broker, a job i had about 3 years back offered me insurance on my car through them, got to know the rep and he allowed me to keep insuring.

As for the old man car, that's what i wanted, especially now that i know the previous owner baby cammed it, so it is just waiting for a custom tune to unleash the old man inside her :p Quiet, old man looking, can't ask for a better sleeper kinda lol.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
myself owning both a modded 5 litre and modded buick v6. i find the buick v6 to be a bit more responsive than my 5 litre right down low, above 2500rpm my 5 litre is much better but that first 2500rpm i enjoy alot more in my v6 with only bolt on mods

my 5 litre has a stage three cam hardened valve springs, extractors, twin 2.5' exhaust k&n filter, twin high fow cats

my vp v6 has a 70mm throttle bodym port matched 70mm intake elbow, 70mm steel pipe intake, ss cold air inductions with k&n filter, pacemaker headers, and 2.5' straight through exhaust, high flow cat, and an asby tune. for me it is a fun car, v8 for cruising v6s for abusing.

just to kind of back up my response statement. sure it is pointless but i know my 5 litre does not arc up 235 17' tyres from a stop al through first gear as my vp does.

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl

not true it cost the same to insure our xu6 as it does an ss only difference is the xu6 attracts an additional 400 in excess cause its a sports car go figure., thank god im 30 our xu6 is only 650 a year for 19k coverage through racq and they are happy with us modifying it as long as its roadworthy.