Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars, Thoughts on Reverse grid?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I like it... it makes it more entertaining to watch and you can easily see who the real talented drivers are on the track...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
sixshooter said:
I like it... it makes it more entertaining to watch and you can easily see who the real talented drivers are on the track...

Not really, it only takes one car to slow people up on a shithole track where people cannot pass and the weekend is rooted for them. Lok at last weekend hell skaife was almost taken out by some new retard. It's more about luck on how you get through the field on most australian circuits

I

***In The Build***

I think there is pros and cons to reverse grids, i mean, you see some of the closest racing in years, the best drivers prove that they are exactly that. It tests the teams ability to make on the spot discisions while on the go. Some realitively unknown sponsors get some needed coverage for a few laps. Cons, well it has the potential to ruin someones season, cause massive carnage, and possibly injury. But on an open free flowing track it will be the best racing in years.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
MOTIV8 said:
This isn't about reducing costs for the teams ........... it's about making the racing more exciting for the fans, especially the TV viewers. The crashes are part of that.

Yes but Avesco in the last two years has been making more generic racing parts for all teams (wheels, clutch plates, etc). The idea was to reduce the cost for teams, and we all know RGR create havoc most of the time.
This is why I am saying that it's silly that AVESCO is trying to make V8 supercar racing cheaper but they put in RGR which will cost more in repairing the damage.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
well i dont mind it, if u listen to the drivers they will tell u it sucks when it bites them, but if it works for them they will say it is good. i race karts and the second race is usually a reverse grid and personally i dont mind it from a drivers perspective, gives u a challenge, or if u had a **** first race it gives you a shot to be in it at the end

amcroft

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Well for me, it's bloody wonderful to see other cars at the pointy end other than the usual teams.... it provides very close racing for the viewing public and gives the little guy in front a big chest for he is actually leading a V8 supercar race.. One thing that all have to remember that the decision for this action is made because of the feedback received from us the viewing public. Plus the way the points are now they all have a go at keeping somwhere close to the leading teams

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
true, it does get a bit repeticious seeing the key guys at the front, u can almost always predict who will be in the top 10, the top 20 and then the top 30

gives it some degree of difference

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
amcroft said:
Well for me, it's bloody wonderful to see other cars at the pointy end other than the usual teams.... it provides very close racing for the viewing public and gives the little guy in front a big chest for he is actually leading a V8 supercar race.. One thing that all have to remember that the decision for this action is made because of the feedback received from us the viewing public. Plus the way the points are now they all have a go at keeping somwhere close to the leading teams

Dont even start me on the points system...what a joke.. I mean last year had someone finished 9th every race they would have won the season...sorry but that isnt the best car and the best driver winning..

amcroft

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
It is on the day but it's about being consistance at every race meeting and that goes for all forms of motorsport. Yes the points system has had quite a few probs in the last few years but, There is never going to be a fair systems unless they go back to the good olds days, and devided the group into divisions... eg fast boys (a) div and so on and so on. Then and only then would you see the little guys up front...... But who wants to take a step backwards? Surely not the v8.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
amcroft said:
It is on the day but it's about being consistance at every race meeting and that goes for all forms of motorsport. Yes the points system has had quite a few probs in the last few years but, There is never going to be a fair systems unless they go back to the good olds days, and devided the group into divisions... eg fast boys (a) div and so on and so on. Then and only then would you see the little guys up front...... But who wants to take a step backwards? Surely not the v8.

Why does it need to be divided? the cars all the same anyway. It should go back to 1 to 6 getting points. Then the true best drivers will be fighting out the championship. It will also hurt less for epople when they are crashed out or crash out.