Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars, Thoughts on Reverse grid?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I agree with the points being a joke. The point system needs to be top heavy to force the drivers to try to win. Doing 58 laps while picking up the groceries & finishing only a few points behind the winner is fcuking stupid.
Love the reverse grids though. We do reverse grid every race & it definately teaches you a few things. As I stated before anyone can be fast out front,but not everyone can be fast in traffic.

amcroft

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
If the cars are ment to be the same why are the BOC boys not on the front row????? Comes down to money and been able to compete by devolopement... BOC cannot complete on the same level as the Stone brothers can they?... Same with Morris and Skaife, Why are they not competing on the same level??? Parity might have brought the two makes closer but not the field in general.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
While the cars are using similar parts & are regulated heavily on the other specifications, the teams individual set up will vary. The better race engineers are the ones that are getting the set up right earliest. You only have to look at Richards run at Barbagello to see that a small mistake can tune the car to a standstill.

thorson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I don't mind RGR's but you have to feel for the faster drivers. Come in 1st in the 1st race then get relegated to last isn't so bad. It makes you prove how skilful you are. But if there is a tangle in the middle of the pack and they get caught up in it then the chances of winning the championship drop. Bring back the day when it was only the top 10 that was reversed. That made V8's even more exciting cos it would be the top drivers battling and not get caught up with the slower guys.

GTRVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
reverse grid racing is a waste of time and money,... look at the damage yesterday,... larry has to fork out 28K to fix the JD car..... Pfft. they keep it up and i`m gunna stop watching it. it has turned a good series to CRAP! I went to SLEEP (YES THATS RIGHT SLEEP!) y-day cuz it was so god damn boring (with the exception of the fights it causes when ppl get the shits and start driving like they are in a bumper car) what a shame the have done this to such a great series!!!

HRT all the way! frozen my nuts off,.. thought i was going to drown in the rain,... so dehydrated ive had to goto hospital but its all to support the boys in RED!

M

Marty's_SV6

What good does reverse grid do other than allow the slowest cars on the track to be in a winning position for a few laps, thats if they make it round the first corner and dont stuff it up for the top drivers.

The drivers at the back of the grid are their for a reason, because they are the slowest and dont deserve to be up front with the big boys unless they can keep up with the pace which I think most would agree they can't.

As others have noted the cost of fixing these cars is huge and I am sure the lower budget teams cant afford the cost of fixing their wrecked cars week in week out.

Thats my 5 cents:hit:

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
reverse grid is an insult to the good drivers in the good cars, its saying 'your too good, so well chuck you down the back this time...'

69ORN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vlcommie
im changing tyres on them v8 super cars this week at queensland race way it should be a eye opener im working with the dunlop super team :driving:

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Good luck with that mate, you are so lucky to get that job. Have fun and if you can get some pics.