Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars, Thoughts on Reverse grid?

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I like it cause it brings more excitement and crashes to the race. The good drivers at the back shouldn't have any problem catching the front of the grid. It's not good cause it's costing them too much in repair bills. Dosen't matter anyway cause they scrapped it anyhow..

69ORN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vlcommie
ok heres whats happend today i done my first day with the dunlop moter sport team it was un real we fitted 550 tyres in 5 hours i cant beleave how much crap u need to do befor fitting a tyre for them things u need to right numbers on tyres scan the barcoads and so on and so on but i tell u guys what a unreal day thay gave me free pit pass for whole weekend and dunlop moter sport shirts and hats and **** like that im going to get a heap of photos tomorow cos we only have about 200 tyres to do in morning it should be a good weekend any one that wants to go should go cos its a great set up but yeah thats enuf from me go find out for ya salves:D

C

corvette_tpi

The reverse grid races have definately been interesting to watch with all the carnage that has occured. I think they have definately made the right decision by getting rid of the reverse grid races for the rest of the year. You have to give them credit for getting rid of a format that wasn't working.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I disagree with minux (kill -9 or whatever his name is this wekk lol) about the reverse grids, i think there the best thing thats happened in V8s.
Or would you like to go back to the days where it was just Skaife or ambrose winning every race, obviously some other top drivers got in, but HRT for years and years in No1, then SBR for years in No1.

I do however think that the points should be changed, maybe to the old style F1 points, 1-6 getting 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 or whatever it used to be. Even F1 is stupid on points now.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
F1 used to be 10 6 4 3 2 1, then they changed it to 10 8 6 5 4 3 2 1.

The best system for points is the first.

I thought this weekend was still RGR? Only reason it is scrapped for the rest of year is because the races left are enduro except indy.

I am still seething that they black flagged skaife, i thought motor mouth(rick Kelly) was more in the wrong as he turned in from a very wide position. Regardless Skaife being turned and losing so much position should of been punishment enough. I think officials in V8's are getting liek AFL umpires now, they have far too much say in what happens. :p

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
This weekend and Oran Park are still RGR. No more RGR after Oran park as Indy is to narrow and is incased in concrete. Imagine the carnage if Indy was a RGR......

The officals did draw the short straw for skaife, it was just a racing incident and he was punished enough in spinning around.
The officials in all sports are having way too much to say in what happens...:bang:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
They had no choice but to punish Skaifey. He was carving up Fords test track & they had to slow him down. Seriously though it was a 50/50 decision that went against him. Pity that they dont have some consistency in how they make some of the decisions.

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
About time they got rid of the RGR, its been shi.. ten heeps of ppl off.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
on one hand it gives the leaders a challenge to maintain their records but on the other hand as we all know the slower cars can occasionally get in the way, very frustrating at the end of the day im against it