Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve '07 dash rattle.

evoke the squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Has anyone experienced a slight rattle in the dash, particularly in the mornings, then randomly during the day. The vibration becomes louder when driving on an uneven road. Lately, I have noticed the rattle occuring more frequently & starting to become and issue. Could I have some feedback and thoughts as to why this is happening? Cheers!

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Ditto tinsnips.

I had the same...and the dealership (Ballarat) tried to fob me off each service with "fixed it- it was a ill-fitting steering wheel trim"...then next time "fixed it - it was an ill-fitting dash trim"......(too lazy to take out the dash and check -because I'm female no doubt)...until I blasted them with "BULLSHIT - you're running out of frigging trims!!! you're just too lazy to pull out the dash and fix it..." - and went to another dealership (Smiths of Geelong) who did exactly that - pulled out the dash and found a plastic screw.
I had the run around and an annoying rattle for over a year!! Easily fixed None since. :)

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
aaarrgghh ...the 'recall'...no drama...nothing a bit of hayband shouldn't fix hahhaa
Apparently older utes are being put up for 'claims' of fixing....and 'damage' done by things falling out of older non-related models.. :eek: ;) too funny.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yeah I'm not heaps concerned about it. Moved house recently and I still have all my stuff... And my tailgate! So that bodes well. But then I always tie stuff down. Even the dog is secured. Stuff flapping about in the back is just plain annoying! Having said that, knowing about a possible fault could have been handy before I was standing on the tailgate loading the contents of my house in the back over the span of a weekend!

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
Seems t be a common theme with this loose screw in the dash business. When I got my SS-V last Sept, I heard a screw skating around in my dash but somehow it seemed to dislodge itself somewhere and I've never heard from it since.

One vibration that I do have however is in my console. My beast is a 6 spd manual and apparenlty it's inherent in the manual range. At first it started right under the gear stick and I thought that it was loose. I couldn't adjust it at all and spoke to a few other manual owners who also have the same problem. I noticed too that it increased when I had my exhaust upgrade done. Recenlty though the vibration now sounds like it's coming from the console in between the seats. Perfromance wise it's not affecting the car at all. But when I floor it you can hear this vibration. Which even though most people wouldn't give a toss about it, it annoys me. But it looks like there's nothing that I can do about it. And I sure as hell aren't taking it back to Holden to be told I have rocks in my head.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yep.. had that one too - like you said, right under the stick. Seemed to go away of its own accord. But since having the new gearbox installed (couple of weeks back), I've heard it once or twice but only when I punch it. Hoping it gets caught up in whatever it got caught in last time! I'll be asking the question when it goes in for the recall. Also had a rattle coming from the driver's door trim right where it meets the B Pillar. No idea on that one but it's VERY quiet so I'm just ignoring it for now. The other thing that pissing me off is the steering wheel creaks! Seriously - It's like they've built grandpa SS! All minor irritations.. but irritations none the less!

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
My steering wheel doesn't creek thank christ. Only that damn vibration.