Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2012 Series II Fuel Tank Removal & Pump, Fuel Control Unit & Reversing Sensor Control Unit

bdedene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Balina V6 auto
The main reason ( I think ) Has been I haven't used the car for 3/4 months and the old unleaded fuel has gummed up the filter and pump . It's true I haven't been under the back seat yet . Bdedene
thanx for the post , a lot of work to replace a fuel pump , do you think it would be feasible to (carefully) cut your own inspection plate given that earlier VE s had them ..?
The burnt plug is a bit of a worry ...how can GM get away with that ...?
We said the same thing about James Hardie . Removed the backseat and found the floor panel has some sound deadning material on the drivers side and passengers side . On the drivers side the floor panel is different to the passengers side . There is a grommet with wires going through the floor Also towards the centre of the panel is a circular shape with 4 small nipples this is all covered with the sound deadning . . I haven't got a clue if this circle is a removable inspection / replace the pump panel or what . Any feed back on this problem would be most helpfull Regards Bdedene

bdedene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Balina V6 auto
As VS_Pete mentioned, above ^
Where some of the early VE's had an inspection plate under the backseat,
So you could be in luck.

If I had of had the inspection plate,
It would of been a bit difficult to splice the plug on to the loom.
Have removed the back seat
On the rear driver side pan is a different in shape of the passengers floor panel there is some sound deadning material glued over both floor panel . The drivers side looks like a inspection plate that is circular in shape and has four proud nipples at 90dec spacing . Any ideas on this panel . Regards Bdedene

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Have removed the back seat
On the rear driver side pan is a different in shape of the passengers floor panel there is some sound deadning material glued over both floor panel . The drivers side looks like a inspection plate that is circular in shape and has four proud nipples at 90dec spacing . Any ideas on this panel . Regards Bdedene

You could be in luck,
That sounds like the inspection plate VS_Pete mentioned earlier,
approx 120mm diameter.
Do you have a Photo ?

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
thanx for the post , a lot of work to replace a fuel pump , do you think it would be feasible to (carefully) cut your own inspection plate given that earlier VE s had them ..?
The burnt plug is a bit of a worry ...how can GM get away with that ...?

Yes you could cut your own inspection plate,
But you need to know where to cut it,
I guess if you had a nibbler you could,
but you need to have a replacement plate on hand when your ready to assemble it.

As for GMH getting away with it,
I guess it only come to bite them on the a___ when they had a warranty job, and/or customers complained, loud enough.
But they "Definitely Knew About It", because the dealers I called to try and source a replacement Loom, asked "Is the Plug Burnt",
Being the car was 6 years old, And I pulled it out and found the fault,
I don't think they would do anything,
Maybe at the time, and if the car was delivered to them, and I perused it further to fix it under warranty,

Site Note :
I had an "KNOWN" issue with my VX II with a fuel sender, and threaten to take them to court,
GMH buckled and did it under warranty, considering it was 2 years out of Warranty,
they were reluctant to do it, but they did. [there is more to this issue, but I wont bore you with the technicalities]

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

bdedene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Balina V6 auto

bdedene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Balina V6 auto
Will take one and hopefully be able to attach here . Bdedene
I think i have good the same floor pan driverside ... the only difference is that mine has a section of deadering material firmly attached over this panel area . Have trued sending a photo of my floor . But the forum page says file too big . Maybe I might try the laptop instead of using just this phone to post .
IMG_28072020_221708_(540_x_540_pixel).jpg

IMG_28072020_221708_(540_x_540_pixel).jpg