Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 3.6L Dual-Fuel Ignition Coil cost?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
That's what the MyCar manager said.
No way I was doing it at $150 a pop for the part though.
Fingers crossed.
Most of the coils are quite easy to change except the ones under the inlet manifold as you have to undo the manifold to replace them. Just buy one each pay and do the easy ones yourself.

It’s literally one bolt and a plug to undo. Pull the coil out, push the new one in, do the bolt back up and plug it in. Get the number 3 and 4 cylinders done by the mechanic if you don’t want to undo the inlet manifold.

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE (Factory) LPG Berlina
Cheers for that.
The #3 cylinder was the one replaced yesterday.
I'll let YouTube be my friend. :)

H

harrop.senator

Really easy job to do man. You just need a 10mm socket and 13mm. Even never doing them before I'd be surprised if took more then two hours.

With knowing where the bolts are, having power tools , doing them a few times I'd be thinking half hour job for myself.

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE (Factory) LPG Berlina
If you live near Frankston VIC you might get offered $100 for that 30 mins work some time. :)

Taking off the manifold with all the LPG stuff on top on it would stump me. Could probably manage the ones you can replace without removing the manifold.

Last edited: