Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE audio mod

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Not essential.... But if you are wanting a better overall experience then yeah, you'd want an amp.

Doesn't need to be much. Your generic 4x50watt RMS is usually a great starting point. They're not power hungry, small physical footprint and their prices generally allow you to buy a mainstream brand without breaking the bank.

aedeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 10 VE SS ute AFM
I had a set of infinity capa that were 2 ohm.

Did these make a difference with the stock headunit? I have a pair of these on order from amazon (about $80 AU delivered) to replace some blown/buzzing door speakers.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
yea i want better experience, but mostly I'm hopping with speaker and amps installed, i can get rid of the buzzing/cracking background noise and sound clearer, not sure type R is the best, but i brought them already, after the amps install in couple days, hope i can get what i want.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Nothing wrong with type r performance. While not a fan of their sound (just personal preference) they are a well built speaker and come with everything you need to make it an easy install.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
you r right, those speakers are quit easy to install tho

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
what amps u brought?? Alpine too???? cox i got the sam set up with you, one amps for the sub, one for the speaker

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Did these make a difference with the stock headunit? I have a pair of these on order from amazon (about $80 AU delivered) to replace some blown/buzzing door speakers.

never ran them off a stock head unit.

They were alright, up until I blew a mid! I did like the shallow mount and small cross overs for easy fitting.

cruzito12

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Omega 07
This thread is very helpful and full of information thanks. I've been searching all over the Internet and youtube videos on how to install an amp to a ve.
I have been having troubles and can't sort it out. I have a omega 07 and wanting to boost the volume a bit higher and also bass. I have a several amps and subs. I tried installing my fusion en.1502 1000w amp with a loc to the factory head unit with factory speakers and no luck no adjustments made to the volume I have also tried an old fusion 900w active sub with high level inputs and no luck again just sounds distorted I'm guessing my wiring ain't good. Can someone advise me in the right direction?

Sam90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
bit off but trying to get some suggestions if any of you lads did the dynamat on the front door with bottle holder in the door trim (like VE SV6).
So if you covering the service hole in the door with dynamat stuck flat, was there any trouble putting the trim back if there was no dint shape in the dynamat like in the stock plastic sheet.
Any help will be appriciated..