Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE audio mod

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Just as long as you realize that no matter what amp you get you will have no low end (bass) it will sound better but will only have mid and hi

When you say no low end bass, are you talking about installing a sub mate ?

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
yea i use type R sparkers for all 4 doors, but is crossover means coaxial speakers?? cox i brought the coaxial one tho, i gotta say, without amps, those speakers doesn't sound as good as i expected

toks238

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive
Does anyone know how or have a link to how to install an amp or headunit in a VE? I cant find a guide on an aftermarket install at all.
Thanks!

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
The type r are a mid and hi range speaker to get the best sound you need a sub to get the low end mist people just pump the bass on the headunit to get low out if them but its just distorted crap

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
yea~i agreed, i also got the sub for the low bass, so with another amps for the speakers, I'm hopping a nice quality of sound for the mid to high range

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
yea i use type R sparkers for all 4 doors, but is crossover means coaxial speakers?? cox i brought the coaxial one tho, i gotta say, without amps, those speakers doesn't sound as good as i expected

I noticed the splits i want to buy say there coaxial. What does that exactly mean ?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I noticed the splits i want to buy say there coaxial. What does that exactly mean ?

Crossover means two separate speakers with a crossover to filter frequencies. Coaxials' are just one speaker with like a tweeter in the middle.

Don't buy Type R's, had them and binned them...

TAS1981

Reaction score
Aren't Type R speakers 4 ohm speakers? When standard units are all 2 ohms. I was lead to believe that if you install 4 ohms amongst a load of 2 ohm speakers your not going to get the performance out of them that you could do?