Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE - Big Whoopy Do Da

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Thanks for making my argument for me Evman.

Mate I share a rental place because it only costs me $110 a week and I live with some pretty good mates, all into cars, all into motorsports, one of them competes in the NSW State Championship (Formula Vee) and we're all part of the team. Does your mortgage cost $110 a week? Thought not...

My mortgage costs me $300 a week (average 3br dbl garage brick house in Canberra) and I am into my 9th year of it. My tennents pay it off for me and I get to use the equity to buy another house (most likely before Christmas). Meanwhile I get to spend my income on things that really do put a huge grin on my face... like a new car!

Excellent strategy and you will do very well.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
jules said:
aircon has always been standard on commos, i'd imagine there'd be a lot of head scratching and a long delivery delay if anyone ever ordered it without aircon.

it's a cheap trick to make the car look cheaper than it really is.

I think you mean "never been standard". I do agree that finding one without air would be a very difficult job though.

Reaper

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
sorry what i meant was that from a production point of view, air con is standard. no one at the factory asks if the customer ordered air con when a car comes along the line, they'd be told if it was ordered wihtout air con and then they'd have to remember how to assemble a car without it.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
blackahcdx said:
Name of the limited edition launch car is Commodore V, not Omega V.

Um, I'm sorry but aren't they all "Commodores"? Isn't it still called a "VE Holden Commodore Omega"?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Um, I'm sorry but aren't they all "Commodores"? Isn't it still called a "VE Holden Commodore Omega"?

Yeah but the special edition wont be an Omega... Just called a Commodore V. According to what he is saying atleast.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Commodore V???
is it just me or is holden getting lazier lol.
Who knows maybe they just want to go back to the letter system SL and such.
There are bound to be several special editions over time and because there is so much diffrence between the models now i think there will be alot of mixing and matching of parts to base model.
They will probably have a semi-luxury edition semi-sports edition and stuff like that just like the lumina, equipe and svz.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
andrewmac said:
Commodore V???
is it just me or is holden getting lazier lol.
Who knows maybe they just want to go back to the letter system SL and such.
There are bound to be several special editions over time and because there is so much diffrence between the models now i think there will be alot of mixing and matching of parts to base model.
They will probably have a semi-luxury edition semi-sports edition and stuff like that just like the lumina, equipe and svz.

I'm pretty sure the first special edition in september will be to combat the release of the BFII.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
LMAO!!! You obviously don't know anything much about anything. What a stupid comment to make. Superchargers are just a TAD more complex than aircon compressors. The engine would have to totally be re-tuned and the ECU re-programmed.... And that's just the start....

Still, I love a good foot in mouth comment every now and then. Keeps me smiling :D

ahh yeah i was joking. i didnt believe someone would take that seriously?

bru78

Reaction score
most people here seem very determined to own a VE no matter how much the fuel can cost them in the long run.

its seems that loyalty to a brand is stronger than any marketing.

I could be wrong here but put yourelves in the shoes of an average joe.
has a family of 2-3 kids needs a spacious car and some occasional towing.
Wife stays at home looking after the kids and now ad $100 - $130 a week on petrol and mind you this figure will most likely blow even more when petrol hits close to $2/L

That is why everyone is talking about the fuel economy, this is what the average Joe wants to know apart from the the usual safety enhancements.

The VE and Falcon have ticked off my list and im many other people too.

Although the VE is a great advancement in technology and safety the Economy has been left out, hoping the fuel prices will came back to what they once were....

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
bru78 said:
the Economy has been left out

No it hasn't! BLOODY HELL!!! How many times will this subject be re-hashed? The new Commodore DESPITE all the new improvements, enhancements and additional safety feautres has in some cases BETTER economy than the VZ and only marginal increases across the rest of the range. Fuel economy has most DEFINITELY NOT been left out.

The average Joe has different priorities to me. My first priority when buying a new car is personal satisfaction, then 'bang for your buck' but by bang I don't just mean power, I mean the whole package including all features, accessories and safety etc.

Show me an average joe car as safe, refined and practicle as the new Commodore and still able to comfotably carry a family of 4 with better fuel efficiency. Remember, AS SAFE, COMFORTABLE, AND FUEL EFFICIENT!!! Leave power out of it...