Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Cargo barrier hole covers

Hayden Carrigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Sportwagon
Hi all! I recently purchased a 2010 VE sports wagon that came with a genuine GMH cargo barrier, but the car doesn't have the covers for the holes in the head liner (refered to as 'garnishes' in the instalation guide). The only ones i can find are these: https://www.speedspares.net/92222750_p/92222750.htm from Speedspares they are $13 each! does anyone have a part numbr or know where else I could get some? Would it be worth just going to a wrecker and trying to scrounge some?

Thanks in advance.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Depending on where you are in "Victoria"
Depending on what wreckers are near you, as that would of been my first choice,
then decide if you wish to source new ones.

Just out of interest, what's the reason for removing the Cargo Barrier ?

Hayden Carrigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Sportwagon
Depending on where you are in "Victoria"
Depending on what wreckers are near you, as that would of been my first choice,
then decide if you wish to source new ones.

Just out of interest, what's the reason for removing the Cargo Barrier ?
Hey mate, I'm in Berwick. i still use the barrier but there are two sets of holes in the headliner one rearward and one further forward and I wanted to cover up the holes further forward as they aren't used. I believe in the installation guide, it shows them in place when using the barrier. I had a look at Jolly's in Dandenong but most of the cars were ripped to pieces inside.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hey mate, I'm in Berwick. i still use the barrier but there are two sets of holes in the headliner one rearward and one further forward and I wanted to cover up the holes further forward as they aren't used. I believe in the installation guide, it shows them in place when using the barrier. I had a look at Jolly's in Dandenong but most of the cars were ripped to pieces inside.
Jollys was going to be my next comment,
And yes, cars are ripped the pieces.

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Jollys was going to be my next comment,
And yes, cars are ripped the pieces.
In some cases it makes it easier. The parts are already been pulled out. The only job that is left, is pick the part up & pay for it . Then take home & fit, or place on the spare parts shelf. ;)

Hayden Carrigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Sportwagon
In some cases it makes it easier. The parts are already been pulled out. The only job that is left, is pick the part up & pay for it . Then take home & fit, or place on the spare parts shelf. ;)
haha indeed just gotta find them :p I've found a lot of wreckers don't even make you pay for small pieces, I went to Jollys the other day to get a rearview mirror and also some small trims and clips and only paid $17 for the mirror! they didn't charge me for anything else.