Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore SS-V 0-100km 1/4 times

kahlnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV A6
Thanks, yeah I was pretty happy with the 12.87 since it was first time I've ever raced down the 1/4 mile. My aim before any further mods (except getting the trans sorted of course) is to get consistently in the low-mid 12s. I am running all stock drivetrain; no stall, 6L80 and 2.92 diff gears. my 245/35/20s are about same circumference as stock 19s too so all standard.

So reaction times don't affect ET but do affect me in eliminations races right? Traction is the issue as it usually spins right through first and half way through second but I'm determined to get low-mid 12s before I change tyres. I'm not going to rush to get any slicks as I really want to learn to get the best time possible racing it in the exact same form as I drive it daily on the street, although I may upgrade my rims and put some 275 street tyres on the rear, not legal drag radials just street tyres.

Might put it down the strip again next weekend with the shitty trans shifts and just see what it does in 'Drive' shifting into 2nd and 3rd at 6,000rpm. Trans gets fixed up week after next so will keep you posted, first exciting race I haveplanned is 9/10 March on a good strip with trans fixed, bring it on!!!

kahlnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV A6
Well trans has been retuned and has pretty clean shift now at 6,500-6,600rpm, feels a whole lot quicker so will be racing it again next Sunday, come on low 12s!! I'll post my result, for now here's a vid of my SSV starting and idling, first time I've recorded it on a decent camera with good capture of audio, make sure you play this on some decent speakers! 2006 VE SSV Cold Start, Idle and Rev - YouTube

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well trans has been retuned and has pretty clean shift now at 6,500-6,600rpm, feels a whole lot quicker so will be racing it again next Sunday, come on low 12s!! I'll post my result, for now here's a vid of my SSV starting and idling, first time I've recorded it on a decent camera with good capture of audio, make sure you play this on some decent speakers! 2006 VE SSV Cold Start, Idle and Rev - YouTube

I really dont like the positioning of that SS Badge.
Each to their own though

Oh yeh, sounds great

kahlnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV A6
uniacidz, I'm don't actually like it that much either, I really only put that badge on to cover the 2 locator holes left behind from removing the holden badge, I really dislike to big shiney bling lion badges Holden dump on the back (and front) of the VEs, I much prefer the smaller lion badges they use on the HSVs, trying to find an HSV bonnet badge for the rear of this...

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
uniacidz, I'm don't actually like it that much either, I really only put that badge on to cover the 2 locator holes left behind from removing the holden badge, I really dislike to big shiney bling lion badges Holden dump on the back (and front) of the VEs, I much prefer the smaller lion badges they use on the HSVs, trying to find an HSV bonnet badge for the rear of this...

I thought that couldve been the case.

You know what would look nice, since you have dark wheels, a matt black badge.
Can buy em, hard to get of or just paint one.

Can use a product called Plastidip (can peel away, alot of youtube videos on it) in a aerosol can or just use some matt black paint in a can.
Fairly cheap and can come up with great results.

kahlnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV A6
UPDATE: Ran the 1/4 a few times yesterday, trans shifted better but didn't reap any better times unfortunately. Best of the day was a 13.08@113mph, car felt strong but the airstrip wasn't the best, bad traction and felt a bit uphill, Google Earth reveals it was a 10 metre incline and altitude was 365m so pretty confident my run next weekend on a good flat track at sea level will be far better, definitely better than the 12.87@115mph I ran there last time. I'll keep you posted, in the meantime heres a couple of low 13 clips on the Go Pro...

VE SSV Quarter Mile at Tokoroa - YouTube

VE SSV Revs vs Speedo Quarter Mile at Tokoroa - YouTube

Captain stupid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi all I've ran a 13.3 @ 104 mph completely standard 6lt 6sp manual and weighted 1871 kgs with me in it at WISD .

kahlnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV A6
13.3 is a fast street car!

Ran the VE this weekend, retune of trans got the results I was after, [email protected]. Times over the weekend varied greatly due to the crap street tyres I've got. The only decent video of the weekend was an [email protected].

VE SSV [email protected] - YouTube

Anyway happy with the 12.503 which had a 60' of 2.052 and with the 116.53mph I am guessing with slicks and a 1.7-1.8 60' I should see flat 12/high 11s.

I'll post results of my next run (hopefully with slicks) in mid April...